COVID-19: Political Discussion Thread

foetus

Daniel Andrews or Chairman Dan as he is well known by has played the wrong suit on this one once again.

Having the police on Saturday in massive force in the city for an otherwise passive mass of protestors just protesting against lockdowns and the impact they have on them was absurd as commented on by the previous two retired police commissioners who would have told him why it would end in disaster as it did.

No passive or aggressive compliance measures for the construction industry under covid other than on site staff limitations for outside work absurd in itself and in some cases meaning construction cannot go ahead because of health and safety reasons and then shuts down the industry because of spread amongst workers in indoor settings largely on breaks when over 70 per cent of them have had at least one dose and 35 per cent two doses.

What does he expect would happen he loves adding kero to a smouldering fire and then asks others to put it out when its too late.

the baffoon couldn't or more to point refused to acknowledge who made the absurd decision to place unqualified non- trained security in charge of hotel quarantine during the alpha strain which directly led to the deaths of over 650 occupants living in nursing homes the most vulnerable group of any in a pandemic of this kind when eveybody knows it was he who made the decision or ticked off on the decision.

So he set up an enquiry to find out FFS spent 13 million of tax payer money in legal fees to cover his ass and the enquiry still couldn't reveal who made that fateful decision right out of of Yes Prime Minister episode and he refused to quit his job as any decent human being would have.

The state was /is on target for 80 per cent double dose by early December and he pulls this stunt after saying 24 hours earlier there is no vaccine hesitancy with his chief health officer who tells him what to do and when to do it based on covid numbers stating today their is vaccine hesitancy within the industry FFS.

Both of them are complete tools and bluddy liars of the first degree and the public in ever increasing numbers have had enough.

Expect a lot more protests and the police being used as tools for fools in the coming days.

the violence will only increase when there is no need for any confrontation if the decision makers had half a brain.

This premier only seeks to divide the community typical of the communist he is a puppet for the CCP if you know his history and he will do everything to achieve his main goal.

I am somewhat lucky as I still have my health and my family staying somewhat sane but this premier destroyed my business of 25 years and has cost me a lot of money in relative terms and our standard of living will never return to what is was as modest as it was before the pandemic.

Thousands of others have not coped as well and the mental health fallout particularly in Victoria will be felt for many years.

He fronts the media with his spin everyday but goes into hiding when his stupidity comes to the fore which is a regular happening now.

Needless to say he didn't front the media today as piss weak as they are in scrutinising his decision making.

Stupid curfews that do nothing to reduce the spread still in force , absurd rules that make no sense and no revealing of the health data behind the decisions that have to keep all Victorians " safe "

Next week Melbourne has the new record for the most number of days of hard lockdown than any city on the planet with over 70 per cent of the countries deaths to date , the biggest mental health crisis by some margin of any City and State in Australia , the biggest number of business closures and bankruptcies per capita by some margin and kids still locked out of school while spending billions on CTT just for starters.
An earthquake hits Melbourne/Victoria straight after construction has been shut down for 2 weeks. Talk about timing..
E145C8B5-14F9-401A-833E-FE0D0C416BF2.jpeg

bigquinn772

As a mother watching that video of that toddler having the mask forced on him, was very upsetting. That's the reason, the mask mandate in schools, we pulled our children out and are homeschooling. My 8 year old does not need to sit at his desk at school for 6 hrs a day wearing a mask.

Last edited:

shemnel

Under the new rules, travellers fully vaccinated with Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen shots in the US, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea or an EU country will be considered “fully vaccinated” and exempt from quarantine when they arrive in England from an amber list country. But people who have been fully vaccinated with the same vaccines in Africa or Latin America, as well as other countries including India, will be considered “not fully vaccinated” and forced to quarantine for 10 days on arrival from an amber list country.

why's this?

it looks quite a lot like discriminatory immigration control done on the sly!! hope that's an irrational fear.

“There isn’t a single person I have spoken to who isn’t angry about this. People are perplexed,” said one exasperated Latin American diplomat.

“How can a Pfizer or Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccine that is administered [in Latin America] not be sufficient for someone to be allowed in? I just don’t see how this can be acceptable. I simply cannot get my head around it,” they added. “I cannot explain what is behind this – I just know that it is very, very, very unfair.”

A west African diplomat condemned the restrictions as “discriminatory”. “[But] it’s not even the discrimination that concerns me the most, it’s the message it sends out,” they added.

“All around the world we’re struggling with vaccine hesitancy. There’s all sorts of fake news. When you say, ‘We are not going to accept the vaccine from Africa’, you lend credence to these kinds of theories. It’s only going to create a situation where it allows the pandemic to be prolonged.”

Ifeanyi Nsofor, a doctor and chief executive of a public health consultancy in Nigeria, said: “The UK is one of the largest funders of the Covax facility and now the UK is saying that the same vaccines they’ve sent, will now not be considered. It’s sad, it’s wrong, it’s discriminatory.”

bluemc1

Under the new rules, travellers fully vaccinated with Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna or Janssen shots in the US, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea or an EU country will be considered “fully vaccinated” and exempt from quarantine when they arrive in England from an amber list country. But people who have been fully vaccinated with the same vaccines in Africa or Latin America, as well as other countries including India, will be considered “not fully vaccinated” and forced to quarantine for 10 days on arrival from an amber list country.

why's this?

it looks quite a lot like discriminatory immigration control done on the sly!! hope that's an irrational fear.

“There isn’t a single person I have spoken to who isn’t angry about this. People are perplexed,” said one exasperated Latin American diplomat.

“How can a Pfizer or Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccine that is administered [in Latin America] not be sufficient for someone to be allowed in? I just don’t see how this can be acceptable. I simply cannot get my head around it,” they added. “I cannot explain what is behind this – I just know that it is very, very, very unfair.”

A west African diplomat condemned the restrictions as “discriminatory”. “[But] it’s not even the discrimination that concerns me the most, it’s the message it sends out,” they added.

“All around the world we’re struggling with vaccine hesitancy. There’s all sorts of fake news. When you say, ‘We are not going to accept the vaccine from Africa’, you lend credence to these kinds of theories. It’s only going to create a situation where it allows the pandemic to be prolonged.”

Ifeanyi Nsofor, a doctor and chief executive of a public health consultancy in Nigeria, said: “The UK is one of the largest funders of the Covax facility and now the UK is saying that the same vaccines they’ve sent, will now not be considered. It’s sad, it’s wrong, it’s discriminatory.”

it will be the science, trust the science

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.