Covid and travel discussion

Not been away since last year before the winter lockdowns but can remember plenty of idiots at Malpensa grabbing pens and forms when they could have done it before departing UK. I did it with my gf and had forms in English and Italian and the Italian border police weren't even fussed about reading my stuff just the GF.

I went on my own a couple of months later and landed at Bergamo with all the right forms but there weren't any staff checking at the gate anyway.

Only time I was held up much was British Border Force wanting to read form off phone.

Surely it would just make sense for them to use a QR code system once you have filled in a valid form and you don't have to stay too long in the shit Gestapo's presence and there aren't stupid queues at Heathrow due to incompetent short staffing.
On the way home this time I just used the E gates UK side didn't show my form to anyone which surprised me as I hadn't been able to upload my vaccine status on the form so was expecting to have to prove it at the border. They checked all 3, test, locator and vaccine status on the Portuguese side before flying home though.

Can I ask something of people who have travelled already?
My name on my NHS Covid pass doesn't match exactly the name on my passport. It's left my middle name off. Is this something I need to sort before I travel?
Thanks for any help.

My name on my NHS Covid pass doesn't match exactly the name on my passport. It's left my middle name off. Is this something I need to sort before I travel?
Thanks for any help.

I wouldn’t worry. Not an issue. Airline tickets don’t require middle names just first and surname - the pass is the same principle.

They’ll not give it anything more than a token cursory glance at best anyhow.

I wouldn’t worry. Not an issue. Airline tickets don’t require middle names just first and surname - the pass is the same principle.

They’ll not give it anything more than a token cursory glance at best anyhow.
Thank you ;-)
It's just that Gov.Uk said different, so have been a bit worried.

Thanks for any help.

Probably not, the mine was only checked once departing Manchester Airport and she only took a quick glance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.