Covid and travel discussion

off to Tenerife on 6/11,,so what exactly do i need to do as it stands today,tests apps to phone etc
We found this website very helpful in planning our trip covering most destinations and easy to assimilate with step by step guidance. For innocualtion proof we followed the advice from this thread by asking for hard copies off the goverment portal which arrived three days later.

Last edited:
We found this website very helpful in planning our trip and covering most destinations and easy to assimilate with step by step guidance. For innocualtion proof we followed the advice from this thread by asking for hard copies off the goverment portal which came three days later.

most appreciated mate

just to note if your thinking of booking a holiday and then taking out car hire at your destination car hire prices have gone through the roof,Just been quoted BA flights Man/Miami at £500 return 'which is pretty good' then add car cost is £1432 per person and its not just BA its across the travel industry, pre covid we hired in Tenerife 70 Euros with pluscar now the same number of days come in at over £400, the reasons are hire companys got rid of there stock at the start of covid and no longer have enough cars to now meet demand so basically there charging what they want

just to note if your thinking of booking a holiday and then taking out car hire at your destination car hire prices have gone through the roof,Just been quoted BA flights Man/Miami at £500 return 'which is pretty good' then add car cost is £1432 per person and its not just BA its across the travel industry, pre covid we hired in Tenerife 70 Euros with pluscar now the same number of days come in at over £400, the reasons are hire companys got rid of there stock at the start of covid and no longer have enough cars to now meet demand so basically there charging what they want
I noticed that too, although if you use a comparison site the differences are vast

Tunisia and Morroco have not been not so much as selling their holidays but rather consistantly giving them away. Six star All inclusive with butler service et private swim up pools and piana bar for circa £189 for two weeks. Never did tempt us back.

Felt a bit like March 2020 when this news broke earlier today, and the subsequent evacuation flights that Easyjet have had to scramble together.

1634770649496.png

I fear this is only the tip of the iceberg, as more and more countries might start to take a dim view of our increasing Covid figures and seemingly a lack of urgency to keep a lid on things.
Morocco have case rates of 10.4 per 100k, whereas it's almost 450 per 100k in the UK (no idea what it is in Germany or Netherlands).
Although Morocco is relatively small fry for the travel sector, it's another huge blow for consumer confidence and a further example of how things can change very quickly, often without any warning.

On a similar note, Latvia have gone into a month long lockdown to try and curb things. An 8pm - 5am curfew is now in place. I really fancy going to Riga but that won't be happening anytime soon.

Got Krakow in 4 weeks but who even knows? 4 weeks is a hell of a long time in the world of Covid travel.
Been toying with the idea of changing it to somewhere warm, but think I'll sit tight for now as Krakow has been on the agenda for many years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.