Covid and travel discussion

Felt a bit like March 2020 when this news broke earlier today, and the subsequent evacuation flights that Easyjet have had to scramble together.

View attachment 28356

I fear this is only the tip of the iceberg, as more and more countries might start to take a dim view of our increasing Covid figures and seemingly a lack of urgency to keep a lid on things.
Morocco have case rates of 10.4 per 100k, whereas it's almost 450 per 100k in the UK (no idea what it is in Germany or Netherlands).
Although Morocco is relatively small fry for the travel sector, it's another huge blow for consumer confidence and a further example of how things can change very quickly, often without any warning.

On a similar note, Latvia have gone into a month long lockdown to try and curb things. An 8pm - 5am curfew is now in place. I really fancy going to Riga but that won't be happening anytime soon.

Got Krakow in 4 weeks but who even knows? 4 weeks is a hell of a long time in the world of Covid travel.
Been toying with the idea of changing it to somewhere warm, but think I'll sit tight for now as Krakow has been on the agenda for many years.
Recommend Riga when safe probably lovely in the winter but we went for a week on a lads trip during the World Cup.

Roasting hot, cheap beer and food, both good quality, seaside & sand 30 mins on the train away cost around a euro, museums, river cruises & nice people.

I do intend going back with Mrs Moon at some time in the future.

Felt a bit like March 2020 when this news broke earlier today, and the subsequent evacuation flights that Easyjet have had to scramble together.

View attachment 28356

I fear this is only the tip of the iceberg, as more and more countries might start to take a dim view of our increasing Covid figures and seemingly a lack of urgency to keep a lid on things.
Morocco have case rates of 10.4 per 100k, whereas it's almost 450 per 100k in the UK (no idea what it is in Germany or Netherlands).
Although Morocco is relatively small fry for the travel sector, it's another huge blow for consumer confidence and a further example of how things can change very quickly, often without any warning.

On a similar note, Latvia have gone into a month long lockdown to try and curb things. An 8pm - 5am curfew is now in place. I really fancy going to Riga but that won't be happening anytime soon.

Got Krakow in 4 weeks but who even knows? 4 weeks is a hell of a long time in the world of Covid travel.
Been toying with the idea of changing it to somewhere warm, but think I'll sit tight for now as Krakow has been on the agenda for many years.

I had Marrakech booked for March as lockdown was implemented so hol was 9bviously cancelled.

We've rebooked for Xmas and heard the news there's no flights. Fortunately for us this means Sleazy Jet have to cancel the flight so transferring flights or gaining a refund shouldn't be too difficult.

Over reaction from Morocco, will bite their economy in the arse.

Bollocks looking forward to Benidorm in November I reckon that will be off at this rate and all the testing will come back in

Bollocks looking forward to Benidorm in November I reckon that will be off at this rate and all the testing will come back in
Yeah think the writing is on the wall. It'll be like a pack of cards.

Due to go to Lanzarote Nov 30, can't see us getting there from how the position is moving. To be honest with our infection rate they'd be mad anywhere to let Brits in.

I'm in Tenerife at the moment and it's rammed with Brits and the bars, restaurants etcetera are delighted with that fact. I was here last year and the few places that were open were dead and all I heard was, "We need the Brits back " In August the place was full of Spanish from the mainland but they don't spend the money. They take a packed lunch to the beach and stay there all day. At night they walk around but rarely came into any bars

Most people are double jabbed and testing facilities are plenty. Society can't keep on locking down and opening up forever. Sure we can all sit alone in our house and stay safe protect the NHS etcetera but what life is that? Covid, like the flu is here to stay and we have to learn to live and unfortunately, just like the flu, die with it. No more bloody lockdowns and restrictions. Those that want to stay at home do so

I'm in Tenerife at the moment and it's rammed with Brits and the bars, restaurants etcetera are delighted with that fact. I was here last year and the few places that were open were dead and all I heard was, "We need the Brits back " In August the place was full of Spanish from the mainland but they don't spend the money. They take a packed lunch to the beach and stay there all day. At night they walk around but rarely came into any bars

Most people are double jabbed and testing facilities are plenty. Society can't keep on locking down and opening up forever. Sure we can all sit alone in our house and stay safe protect the NHS etcetera but what life is that? Covid, like the flu is here to stay and we have to learn to live and unfortunately, just like the flu, die with it. No more bloody lockdowns and restrictions. Those that want to stay at home do so
Nobody wants any more lockdowns or restrictions on travel, which is why plenty of people on these forums are advocating that people wear masks and take other small measures that mean we won't need more hefty measures later on.

I still wear my mask everywhere out and about and must have spent about 50% of my recent holidays to Spain and France with a mask on. It's no big deal.

Vaccines are not enough on their own - people have to change the way they live slightly to adapt to what's happening in the world. I think this is the point that people need to understand. Yes, we'll be living with COVID for years, but we need to adapt in order to do that. The way we used to live is long gone, but at least now we are closer to that than we were last year.

Anyway, glad we got our trips to Catalunya, Valencia and Paris in. Hoping for another couple of trips this year but if we cant because people and the government won't behave in the correct way, I'm happy that at least I have some decent trips this year.

Nobody wants any more lockdowns or restrictions on travel, which is why plenty of people on these forums are advocating that people wear masks and take other small measures that mean we won't need more hefty measures later on.

I still wear my mask everywhere out and about and must have spent about 50% of my recent holidays to Spain and France with a mask on. It's no big deal.

Vaccines are not enough on their own - people have to change the way they live slightly to adapt to what's happening in the world. I think this is the point that people need to understand. Yes, we'll be living with COVID for years, but we need to adapt in order to do that. The way we used to live is long gone, but at least now we are closer to that than we were last year.

Anyway, glad we got our trips to Catalunya, Valencia and Paris in. Hoping for another couple of trips this year but if we cant because people and the government won't behave in the correct way, I'm happy that at least I have some decent trips this year.

The problem is lots of people as you say won't behave responsibly. I was at one bar here when a young drunken girl comes up to get served. She takes her mask off and shoves it in my face and a couple of others saying, "Does my mask smell of curry?" This is because she'd just eaten one and she found this highly hilarious, totally ignoring the dangers of doing this. Utter cretins some people.

I'm home next week and glad I got out here while I could. I'm booked to come back in December but not sure it will happen, fingers crossed.

Flying out to tenerife and glad to be out of the UK.
Issue here appears to be the ones who are against vaccination and those who don't comply with regulations or respect others. They can't have it both ways, it will inevitably restrict their movements whether we like it or not.

While I agree with you that we cannot be locked down forever, protecting the NHS is 100% something that has to be done.

I'm pretty sure most reasonable people on here do not want situations where loved ones are being turned away from hospitals or people are dying outside on hospital beds. Until the NHS gets properly funded and the government pulls its fucking finger out, then this continues to be an issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.