Covid app

Will you download the new NHS Covid app?

• Yes

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Unable

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters
Just got back from the gym. They said I had to download it. So I’m fucked now. One person within 500m of me gets a cough and I guess I’ve got to quarantine for 14 days or fork out 200 squid?!

As already mentioned previously in this thread.

What if you put your phone in a locker (Especially common in gyms!) and you get a false positive because 20 other people have phones in their lockers as well and are in close proximity?

I would just say you don’t have a smartphone or a new enough smartphone to download the app.

What if you put your phone in a locker (Especially common in gyms!) and you get a false positive because 20 other people have phones in their lockers as well and are in close proximity?

I would just say you don’t have a smartphone or a new enough smartphone to download the app.
Yeah it’s a worry.

If this is true, then what is the point in the app?!

I assume because Track and Trace, although badged NHS, is all outsourced to private companies therefore it will only recognise test results from private company stakeholders?

Not really if phone isn't with you disable scanning bottom button
Screenshot_20200926_101154_uk.nhs.covid19.production.jpgScreenshot_20200926_101154_uk.nhs.covid19.production.jpg

It’s not perfect but it’s the best we’ve got. Ideally, anyone who is notified should be eligible for a test so they can get back to work, school etc if they are negative rather than sitting at home for 2 weeks

Having the app has made me realise that I am rarely within 2 meters of anyone outside my house for more than 15 minutes

Can't see this making a difference to be honest, and can see it being classed as a shambles in a few days time. hopefully i'm proved wrong

Works very well as does the track and trace, I have contracted the virus and whilst using them realised it’s heavily reliant on people’s honesty, the I.T is good but as usual will be made to look poor by the users

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.