Covid rules for a quick weekend in Spain

HolisticJim

Evenin'

Just looking at getting away for the weekend and noticed I can goto Ibiza for £25.

I might book it but then I start trying to work out the covid rules and I'm struggling.

Does anyone know the rules because it looks like I can get into Spain with my covid passport on the NHS app because I'm double jabbed.
To come back now the rules have changed (from the 4th of Oct) it looks like I need a PCR test 48 hours before I return - which surely means I need a covid test in the UK before I goto Spain so on my return flight less than 48 hours later I can get back into the UK - which obviously makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyone know for sure what I need to do because the government website just seems to send me around in circles.

Cheers

Currently in Spain, got here on the 24th leaving on the 11th after the England game in Andorra.
You need to download the SPTH app and complete before departure to Spain. You need your covid travel passport.
No pcr test needed before leaving Spain.
Before coming back you need to book a two day covid test to be completed when you get home and fill in a UK passenger locator form.

Currently in Spain, got here on the 24th leaving on the 11th after the England game in Andorra.
You need to download the SPTH app and complete before departure to Spain. You need your covid travel passport.
No pcr test needed before leaving Spain.
Before coming back you need to book a two day covid test to be completed when you get home and fill in a UK passenger locator form.
Cheers,

How much are the covid tests? Can't I just go into a walk in centre and get tested for free the same as you would do at any other time?

Cheers,

How much are the covid tests? Can't I just go into a walk in centre and get tested for free the same as you would do at any other time?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1633301534912.jpg
    FB_IMG_1633301534912.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 50
Cheers,
Really appreciate your help.

Why can't I just use a walk in centre? Or order one to come to my house? Surely it makes no difference?

Paying £69 kinda kills me £25 weekend away to Spain.

Cheers,

Why can't I just use a walk in centre? Or order one to come to my house? Surely it makes no difference?

Not accepted

Cheers,

I think if you could do your own test it would be reported as negative in most positive instances!

I think if you could do your own test it would be reported as negative in most positive instances!
Agreed but if you go into a walk in then they do it for you and text you the result 24 hours later. How can the government not accept the result of their own test?

i'm going to do the same for Portugal - doesnt look like a test is needed to go there anymore (with proof of UK vaccine) but UK require day 2 test on arrival to be booked - what is that test though?

the Day 2 test list on the gov website takes me here, where they seem to start at £4

at no point could i see where they say what sort of test it needs to be on day 2. ( i am assuming PCR)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.