Covid Vaccine Thread

twosips

Thought i'd start a thread about vaccines etc. I know there is a lot of hesitancy from people who usually have zero problems with vaccinations due to there being a lot of misinformation around. That's understandable as its a pretty confusing time - it doesn't make you anti-vax to be nervous either. I thought this thread may help reassure people.

A lot of people have had their jabs now, so if you've had yours which one did you have, did you have any prior health conditions and how did it go etc? I know there is a covid thread but this general discussion would get lost in their quickly probably. Feel free to correct me if you like mods!

Personally, too young to have mine yet but my dad has just got his text (61, south trafford, high blood pressure/asthma) so ill make sure to add to this when he has had his. My missus' mum (50s careworker) has both her Pfizer jabs. Felt nowt from the first, then a tad rough for 48 hours from the second but all good now. Still fine two months later! Her great grandad (about 97) has had his and fine too, plus both of her grandparents in their 70s. All good. Her brother's missus had AZ (in her 20s, careworker) and felt a bit shit for a few days tbh, but is totally fine now.

denislawsbackheel

aged 69
No health conditions other than arthritis and occasional labrynthitis.
Had the AZ last Friday morning.
No reaction whatsoever until Saturday night.
Started to feel ill with headache, runny eyes and nose, dizzy spells, raging thirst. No arm ache at all. Felt knackered.
Got worse on Sunday, stayed in bed sleeping all day.
Slightly better on Monday.
Fine on Tuesday.

The Zoe covid app wants me to have a covid test for some reason and a home test is being sent to me.

twosips

aged 69
No health conditions other than arthritis and occasional labrynthitis.
Had the AZ last Friday morning.
No reaction whatsoever until Saturday night.
Started to feel ill with headache, runny eyes and nose, dizzy spells, raging thirst. No arm ache at all. Felt knackered.
Got worse on Sunday, stayed in bed sleeping all day.
Slightly better on Monday.
Fine on Tuesday.

The Zoe covid app wants me to have a covid test for some reason and a home test is being sent to me.

I preferred Craig David's original mix personally, but that isn't a bad one ha. Glad to hear you're good now though mate!

Turner92

Age 28
No prior health problems and felt absolutely fine after the vaccine and had no issues what so ever.

I believe I had the pfizer one

PGTips

My wife and I had the Astra Jab three weeks ago. We got it early because our youngest has additional needs and is vulnerable, we are classed as her carers. I'm 44 & my wife is 41, both rough for 3-4 days after with aching bones and no energy plus aching arm. I had a raging thirst that I couldn't quench, my wife spent 3 days in bed sleeping. By day 4 it was like somebody flicked a switch and we were both totally fine. The nurse that interviewed us before the jab said that they have noticed a higher reaction the younger someone is (It's been mentioned on here in the main Covid thread). My parents had the AZ jab the same day as us (late 60's), both were fine with no reactions and not even a sore arm.

lancs blue

I'm 66, have had asthma since I was a nipper but it's been well controlled by the inhalers for about 30 years. I had the first Pfizer jab on 5th Feb., a very efficiently run process and had zero side effects, not even the sore arm that many reported. I wasn't too surprised by that as I've never had any problem with the flu vaccine either.

My elder sister (71) wasn't too pleased as she had the full monty of side effects, sore arm, upset tummy, aches and pains - I told her it was because she's a rag!

paulchapo

I had the Astra Zenica jab on the 21st January. At first I was fine except for a sore arm and like every other jab I thought this would ease off but it hasn't really. The area of the arm where I had the jab is still sore and on occasion throbs. My shoulder bone is sore too and moving my arm is a bit uncomfortable.

The trouble is there is nobody to check with if this is okay or for any advice. The leaflet they gave you just advises calling 111 if you have a reaction. There is an online yellow sticker reporting website but that just collates information. I had loads of jabs in my time in the navy, mainly cholera and yellow fever but I never had any reaction like this.

Invisible Man's Bandage

Team supported
Manchester City
I had my first shot of AZ on Monday. They didn’t even wipe the injection site or put a plaster on and I still can’t see it or feel it now. I have a slight ache in my upper arm today but that’s it so far.

paulchapo

I had my first shot of AZ on Monday. They didn’t even wipe the injection site or put a plaster on and I still can’t see it or feel it now. I have a slight ache in my upper arm today but that’s it so far.

The same with me, normally they put a plaster over it. I wonder if not dressing it allowed a bit of infection to get in which is why I'm still experiencing problems now.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.