Covid Vaccine Thread

Newman Noggs

Right, anyone know how to get out of this Catch 22 situation ?

I'm 61 and booked both my jabs at the same time, 9 March and 31 May. Pitched up on 9 March and had AZ jab, no worries.

On 28 May got a text saying appointment on 31st cancelled without explanation. Fair enough, teething issues and all that. Went online to book another appointment, nothing within 20 miles. Kept trying and got one in Coventry, about 10 miles away a week hence today. Right in the City centre and a complete shithole to get to. Went today and they saw I'd had the AZ vaccine and informed me that they were only giving out Pfizer and weren't prepared to give me that.

At this point, they advised me that my app shows that I had the Pfizer jab but the card and paperwork I got on 9th March shows it was AZ. Rang 119 who told me that they can't do anything about that. Furthermore, they don't know which jab each centre is giving out. The only way I can find out is by fixing an appointment and ringing up on the day. So I have to make an appointment, clear the day to travel miles away and then ring on the day at which point I may have to cancel and rearrange, which, incidentally, you have to wait 24 hours to do according to the poor chap at the end of the 119 line.

Anyone suggest a sensible shortcut ?

cptaidan88

If somewhere is offering walk ups without appointments to anyone over 18, is there anything stopping me going and getting my 2nd jab? Not due to have it until 28th July otherwise.

Had my first on 12th May so the minimum amount of time has transpired.

oman0115

Don’t forget, some people are soft as shit and a mild headache or a slight pain where the injection site is can be described as their head caving in or their arm feeling like they’ve been shot with an AK47 from close range.

Look at the data, there’ve hardly been any serious adverse reactions to any of the vaccines. There are more adverse reactions to taking paracetamol (1 in 10,000) to having the COVID vaccine (1 in 250,000).
Not entirely true,

There is reporting it is just quite difficult to interpret, well the format is a mess quite frankly.

Gaylord du Bois

Right, anyone know how to get out of this Catch 22 situation ?

I'm 61 and booked both my jabs at the same time, 9 March and 31 May. Pitched up on 9 March and had AZ jab, no worries.

On 28 May got a text saying appointment on 31st cancelled without explanation. Fair enough, teething issues and all that. Went online to book another appointment, nothing within 20 miles. Kept trying and got one in Coventry, about 10 miles away a week hence today. Right in the City centre and a complete shithole to get to. Went today and they saw I'd had the AZ vaccine and informed me that they were only giving out Pfizer and weren't prepared to give me that.

At this point, they advised me that my app shows that I had the Pfizer jab but the card and paperwork I got on 9th March shows it was AZ. Rang 119 who told me that they can't do anything about that. Furthermore, they don't know which jab each centre is giving out. The only way I can find out is by fixing an appointment and ringing up on the day. So I have to make an appointment, clear the day to travel miles away and then ring on the day at which point I may have to cancel and rearrange, which, incidentally, you have to wait 24 hours to do according to the poor chap at the end of the 119 line.

Anyone suggest a sensible shortcut ?
Call your GP.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.