Covid Vaccine Thread

Bozo

First jab of Moderna yesterday morning. Felt wonky within an hour, but got better during the day. Came back with a vengeance in the evening, slept like shit and right now it hurts to move.

chris8910

Yeah I had my first jab last week and it's turned me into Optimus Prime
Interesting you say that, my senses seem to have altered and I've noticed rather a large number of spiders have appeared in my house. I've never been fond of them, but all of a sudden after my first jab, I quite like them. Wait, hold on, my Spidey senses are tingling.

Odd socks

Nothing but praise for vaccination center, daughter has high functioning autism and had started to get anxious (presented as continuous itching) so called in to ask could she be put on standby list.
Told to fetch her down at end of the day and she can have one as people hadn't turned up.
That was 8 weeks ago and advised to ask for same person ((Angela) who did the first injection when the second one was being done.
Second one this morning, treated her fantastic, chap on the door took her as if a VIP member straight through to Angela who remembered her and after he came to see how she was in the waiting area.
No stress and through in no time, no I'll effects the first time and she's ok this time so a big thanks all round from us.

JRockBlues

Near where the "Welcome to Manchester" sign was
Just had my 2nd jab so I'm fully AZ'd up now. Not as much of a queue at MMC College in Harpurhey than when I went for the first jab and got through nice and easily apart from person on the computer putting in the wrong details so I wasn't found 1st time she looked. When she realised sh'd entered wrong DOB then everything was fine.

Only had some shivers first time around so hoping similar or less for this one.

Last edited:

kaz7

Just six per cent of all Delta variant infections were in people who had both jabs.

More than half of the 42 deaths due to the mutation were in unvaccinated Brits.

Dr Jenny Harries, Chief Executive of the UK Health Security Agency, said: “With numbers of Delta variant cases on the rise across the country, vaccination is our best defence.

“If you are eligible, we urge you to come forward and be vaccinated.

Remember that two doses provide significantly more protection than a single dose.

AJ71

2nd Moderna jab booked last night, done this morning in Hazel Grove. No side effects with first, hoping for the same this time.

jimharri

2nd Moderna jab booked last night, done this morning in Hazel Grove. No side effects with first, hoping for the same this time.
I was as weak as fuck yesterday after getting my second Moderna jab on sunday morning. It was just like the feeling you have when you have the flu. But they told me at the vaccination centre to take paracetamol if I had any flu like side effects. So I took a couple of Solpadeines yesterday evening, and they definitely helped. I'm more or less back to what passes for normal (for me, anyway) apart from the stiff arm.

AJ71

I was as weak as fuck yesterday after getting my second Moderna jab on sunday morning. It was just like the feeling you have when you have the flu. But they told me at the vaccination centre to take paracetamol if I had any flu like side effects. So I took a couple of Solpadeines yesterday evening, and they definitely helped. I'm more or less back to what passes for normal (for me, anyway) apart from the stiff arm.
Hit me with a vengeance last night, no sleep and feel lousy today....

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.