Covid Vaccine Thread

Invisible Man's Bandage

Team supported
Manchester City
Tried to book wifes 2nd jab yesterday and every location i tried had 'no dates available' for next 3 months.
Were you using the NHS national site? If so then it won't give you any reasonable options. I had a look at booking my second shot and I was getting Devon, the far north of Scotland or Kent (I'm in Salford) . You need an invitation and a link to your local CCG site.

stonerblue

Were you using the NHS national site? If so then it won't give you any reasonable options. I had a look at booking my second shot and I was getting Devon, the far north of Scotland or Kent (I'm in Salford) . You need an invitation and a link to your local CCG site.
I had an invitation link to 4 sites in my area. Tried all 4 and the calendars that popped were all in 2022. Could be software or my fat fingers but i scrolled back to the present month and nowt available.
There is a link on the invite e-mail that says, send details and they will telephone us within 48hrs.

dennishasdoneit

Team supported
And take it away.(and repeat)
Now 28 hours since my second Pfizer jab and I woke up this morning feeling like I had been run over by a tram. Took some paracetamol and ibruprofen and was right as rain.

Played golf with the Mrs (an 87 which isn’t too bad) and off out for a date night tonight to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. Every four hours when the pills wear off I’m sore again but at least that goes. I’m pleasantly surprised the side effects weren’t worse.
Sounds fucking awful.

BucksBlue

Team supported
Manchester City
I've had the AZ jab, just heard there is a tiny chance of blood clots, the threat is that small im not too concerned,
now my question is if your 1st jab was AZ and after the news you don't want the 2nd AZ jab what then
From what I understand the second jab significantly increases your protection from getting infected.
The incidence of blood clots if you get infected is far greater than getting them through a vaccination according to current global data evidence.
The benefits of vaccination outweigh the risks of serious side effects as stated by independent (non government) medical agencies.
If you're not sure contact your GP.
To answer your question directly PeaceF I don't know. You could go to the back of the queue and start over in the months ahead with another vaccine with greater confidence
Failing that it's a spin of the wheel I guess.
Stay safe Blue.

Last edited:

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.