Covid Vaccine Thread

Lovebitesandeveryfing

First jab yesterday afternoon (AstraZeneca). No apparent effects. Took a paracetamol tablet (because the chemist advised me to) just before going to bed.
Feeling a bit achey and a bit out of sorts this morning for a while, but I've noticed that that's a springtime thing, which kicked in a few years ago — and which many experience, apparently. So no reason to associate it with the jab.
Just one slightly odd thing. Blew my nose before going to bed, and the mucus was bloody. I don't want to get too gnarly about it, but it was clotted. Same thing when I spat the toothpaste and water out. Blood in it. I know this happens to plenty of people as a matter of course, but it's very unusual for me.
Anyway, still alive and very much kicking 24 hours later, so nothing to report really. And as I keep saying to everyone, you have a statistically much higher chance of being knocked down and killed by a car while you're walking to the shops to pick up some coffee.
One thing, though. For the first time in fourteen months, I'm aware of feeling more at ease today. I'm not going to stop wearing the mask and social distancing, obviously (I see nobody anyway! The sum total of daily social contact is with the girl or boy on the checkout at the supermarket for about 30 seconds). But I have been realising today that I've been in a state of mild tension for months and months. And that's off, now.

Last edited:

kaz7

Not the vaccine but lateral flow tests are available from tomorrow from local places , go on the gov website and put in your postcode , two of my local chemists have them , first come first served , home tests , two per people in your household , you dont need to have symptoms

cyberblue

Had my second AZ jab on Tuesday. Right as rain. Not even a sore arm

After my first jab 10 weeks ago it felt like the worst hangover I’d ever had for 24 hours and a sore arm for a week
I felt the same after my 1st jab
Good to hear you got no side effects after the second dose
Should get my second by end of the month
Much rather feeling rough for a day or 2 than catching Covid

blue b4 the moon

Had my second AZ jab on Tuesday. Right as rain. Not even a sore arm

After my first jab 10 weeks ago it felt like the worst hangover I’d ever had for 24 hours and a sore arm for a week
I like posts like this alot.

I was shit for 36 hours after the first jab, due my second at the end of the month hopefully there'll be more posts confirming at the most that there's only one reaction to the jabs.

Tugay One Cup

Had my first AZ dose last Thursday at around 4pm. Felt absolutely fine all evening, no sore arm or anything. Then I woke up at about 3am freezing my tits off in bed. Got up the next morning and felt the most sick ill I've been in years. Horrible experience really but it all passed entirely by mid afternoon.

Anyway, as shit as those twelve hours were, I'd get my second one today, if I could. I just want to see my parents.

doots

Az jab done Wednesday night before work, was OK all night, managed a couple of hours (paid) kip then woke up feeling a bit shite,dead arm(might be the way I slept),a few shivers and aches and pains for a day but seem good now.
Nurse was fit.

blue is best

ive had the AZ jab, just heard there is a tiny chance of blood clots, the threat is that small im not too concerned,
now my question is if your 1st jab was AZ and after the news you dont want the 2nd AZ jab what then
No idea how many second AZ jabs have been given up to now, however I read a day or two ago that blood clots have only occurred in first doses up until now no reports of any after second doses.

RayCTID

Got my second dose booked for Friday (Pfizer). Hopefully there is only going to be little to none affects from the vaccine.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.