COVID Watch

Should have sufficient time for our rearranged game to take place as planned. Interested to see what happens this weekend though. I'm sure the conspiracy nuts will enjoy the potential of Liverpool receiving a bye!

Liverpool on a proper winter break ... last played on 4th Jan, next will play United at home on 17th Jan next ... two weeks break when everyone is playing 3-4 days!

Should have sufficient time for our rearranged game to take place as planned. Interested to see what happens this weekend though. I'm sure the conspiracy nuts will enjoy the potential of Liverpool receiving a bye!
Derby are playing their youth side against Chorley, so will be interesting to see what happens.

The only positive here is that a lot of our players will now be immune for the business end of the season (assuming they avoid long Covid) and other clubs are yet to be badly hit. The infection levels are so high at present that no club will avoid this situation.
That said I would support the season being suspended for the next six weeks to allow vaccinations to be implemented and the infection risk to recede (as long as the Euros are cancelled)
Agreed but the vaccine will not have much impact on the spread and you need at least two shots.

The only way you can have a relatively covid free football season is to have all the teams in hubs and play a reduced number of games.

Playing 38 games when its rampant and players are allowed to go home and leave home for other reasons outside football ones means only one thing most teams will have a number of players who contract it eventually.

if the rest of the UK was locked down in hard lockdown for 4 months like we were in Melbourne admittedly with numbers at 500 per day on average for a population of 5 million you have a chance provided the games are played no where near the epicentre.

We’re waiting for a few cases at united or liverpool. Soon as that happens it will be called off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.