Covidalong - music while you shirk

Vic

After the Italian "apartamento opera" I'm enjoying various virtual concerts...

I very occasionally go to Opera North at the Lowry. I wandered in one tea-time having gone that way to try and get out of a traffic jam. They were just about to start the pre-show talk about "Eugene Onegin". The guy doing it was a member of the chorus. He explained the plot (Onegin a fish out of water in social settings) and that included a grand ball where everyone else was in black jackets and he wore red. "At the ball", he said, "we have to dance. And that's when you'll realise we are singers not dancers." I stayed for the show.

Anyway, here's Opera North with Also Sprach Zarathustra - and (unlike many versions) when the first bit is over and the organ is the only instrument left, it's actually in tune with the rest of the orchestra! (Now who said I was a Philistine...)

After the Italian "apartamento opera" I'm enjoying various virtual concerts...

I very occasionally go to Opera North at the Lowry. I wandered in one tea-time having gone that way to try and get out of a traffic jam. They were just about to start the pre-show talk about "Eugene Onegin". The guy doing it was a member of the chorus. He explained the plot (Onegin a fish out of water in social settings) and that included a grand ball where everyone else was in black jackets and he wore red. "At the ball", he said, "we have to dance. And that's when you'll realise we are singers not dancers." I stayed for the show.

Anyway, here's Opera North with Also Sprach Zarathustra - and (unlike many versions) when the first bit is over and the organ is the only instrument left, it's actually in tune with the rest of the orchestra! (Now who said I was a Philistine...)

Horaaah:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.