Craft beer at the Etihad

The craft beers last season were Coast to Coast and Three Hop, they are from a brewery in Edinburgh, I think it was £4 or £4-50 a bottle, near the end of the season I was in Home Bargains in there it was 79p a bottle, I got a case of each but havnt seen it in there since.

Caledonian Brewery .... part of Heineken, hence the tie in.

I went to a baseball game in Milwaukee and they had this little hub at the stadium, which was delightful.

636264016065643717-MJS-MillerPark-Concessions--nws--sears--2.1.jpg

Now that looks superb.

I’d probably miss every home match though. :-)

Unfortunately the people that run the club would never think of rolling something similar out on the concourses.

They prefer to serve us poor beer/larger at £4.50 a pint.

Yet down the road amongst the Piccadilly arches there are numerous micro-breweries producing some brilliant beers.

Here’s an idea for the people running the club. Why not get the Piccadilly arches micro-brewies down on a match day, place them around the stadium at different points, or next to each other around circle Square, and have a micro-brewery day before the match, alongside the bars and larger inside the ground.

A pint of what they sell at Udders might entice me back to the bar...Theakston's Old Peculier.

Traditional-Mild-Pint.png

Their fodder looks good as well...
https://www.htafc.com/news/2017/december/what-new-products-are-at-food-kiosks-near-you2/

Best pint I've had at a football ground recently was at Brighton away last season. They even encourage you to stop for a couple after the game to allow the queue to die down for the trains back into town. The Harveys' bitter is very drinkable!

https://www.harveys.org.uk/harveys-beer-wall-amex/

Spurs have tied in with their local craft beer brewery, Beavertown (brilliant beer imo, from the son of Led Zep's Robert Plant). Their new stadium will have a small Beavertown brewery & bar in it!

https://www.beavertownbrewery.co.uk/beavertown-x-tottenham/

Also, Heineken recently bought a certain amount of shares in Beavertown, allowing Beavertown the investment to build a new larger brewery - and potentially distribution avenues via Heineken's network - Given we have a tie in with Heineken, what are the chances of seeing Beavertown at the Etihad in the next couple of years? I personally would love a couple of pints of Beavertown beers at City on a match day.

Last edited:
Too many jumping on the Craft Beer bandwagon now, and putting out any old slop in it's name.

Couldn't see it happening for long at the Etihad. Firstly, as pointed out earlier, nobody would know how to look after a decent one, and secondly, if it didn't all sell on the day, it'd be wasted as wouldn't last until the next match.

Bottles would be fine, but reckon would be £daft.

The mad thing is, it's easy to source a wholesaler who can supply bottles of craft beers at £1.00-£1.20 and the club could retail these at £4.00
I should work in procurement at City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.