Craig Bellamy Foundation closes

I suspect like most others i have always been impressed by what Bellamy did in Sierra Leone so it is sad to here of the academy's closure. But he certainly doesn't deserve criticism from FIFA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4304732/Craig-Bellamy-naive-difference.html
I enjoyed his time at City and appreciated that there was a lot more to him than the guff portrayed in the red tops. The fact is he will have improved a number of lives in West Africa and he should be commended for that. Nothing FIFA do or say surprises me anymore. I had hoped that the organisation would be torn down and a new governance put in place. That was niaive and we are simply seeing a continuation of the arrogant, corrupt entity that existed under Blatter.

I wonder if his charity work benefitted him in some way, tax breaks or something..

Just remember it being difficult to move him on when he was on our books because he wouldn't take a wage cut citing that he wouldn't be able to carry on his foundation.

Now that he's retired with no regular income it stops, just putting 2 and 2 together but prob getting 5..

Anyway hats off for helping underprivileged children, regardless of whether he benefitted or not.

I wonder if his charity work benefitted him in some way, tax breaks or something..

Just remember it being difficult to move him on when he was on our books because he wouldn't take a wage cut citing that he wouldn't be able to carry on his foundation.

Now that he's retired with no regular income it stops, just putting 2 and 2 together but prob getting 5..

Anyway hats off for helping underprivileged children, regardless of whether he benefitted or not.

I read a bit of the article and apparently he couldn't get anyone to sponsor it and he paid 1.2mill out of his own pocket from start to finish - his income has dramatically dropped since playing, by about 2million a year, I suspect. Totally unsustainable

Did they miss any clubs?

Bellamy said that helping them was the best thing he had ever done and that he hoped he would be remembered more for his work in West Africa than for his goals for Newcastle, Liverpool, West Ham and Cardiff.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-Bellamy-naive-difference.html#ixzz4b7B1qvmb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

To be fair, if they'd mentioned every club that he played for, the article would have been twice as long!

Whose job was it to provide annual accounts that haven't been submitted for 2 years?
If Bellamy then criticism is fully justified.

Looks like another Kids Club scandal. Good intentions, run by amateurs with no proper accountability or plan.

These things tend to be part tax break, part positive PR machines.

With that said, they do actually help people on the ground in most cases so it's worth it as a trade off. I'm not sure the people in West Africa who live better lives thanks to this Foundation will really give a toss whether Bellamy's image improved or not for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.