Crazy decisions of years gone by.

Those various acts of benevolence towards our neighbours that were followed up by this:

united_banner_1897690c.jpg

Allowing the rags to use Maine road after Uwe’s grandad bombed it

Should have let them fold

Not signing Luis Figo for £2m when he was 23?

Playing Paul Dickov ahead of former World Player of the year George Weah

Sacking this first manager to win the league in 44 years a year later because he only finished second and got to an FA Cup final

Replacing Tony Coton with Ike Immell

There's been a few good uns

Another one... Flying Lake back from America economy class after a knee op!

Signing Vuoso for £3.5m and not playing him once.

Ball proclaiming Martin Buster Phillips would be the first £10m player only to then sell him for £100k

Piping chants into the ground

I was just about to post the same

In addition, the Platt Lane stand! A lot of money and poorly designed

Having a transfer policy for a few years which seemed to consist of just buying strikers that had either a) scored against us like Fat Bob and Maken or b) find people that no one had ever heard of like Barry 'barry' Conlon and Lee Pecock

And recently having a transfer policy that thought it was a good idea to buy promising young defenders but sell them at the first sign of difficulty I.e Boeteng, Savic and Nastasic

For some reason at the time I had no idea we'd signed Barry Conlon and to be honest I had no idea who he was and I'd never heard of him. I remember him coming on as a sub, possibly against Swindon when we were hammering them and even though he was a young lad, he looked about forty. He was running around like a headless chicken and it was as if he'd written to Jim'll Fix It ( Prior to knowing he was a sick perverted fucker) and they arranged for him to play.

Last edited:
Letting a man who sold TV's for a living take control of the club.
That's the one I'd go for too. All rhyme and reason left what was once known as a football club when he came in and his presence there was to leave us in the mire for over thirty years with us only clearing up the mess with Sheikh Mansour taking over.

Once we got a bit of money some of our signings, two nobodies and more recently a Chelsea reject.
Silva ,Toure and De Bruyne.

Another one... Flying Lake back from America economy class after a knee op!

Signing Vuoso for £3.5m and not playing him once.

Ball proclaiming Martin Buster Phillips would be the first £10m player only to then sell him for £100k

Piping chants into the ground

That's Swales all over the tight fisted twat, I'm surprised he didn't cram Lakey in the luggage hole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.