Crazy Explosion at Beirut Port (video)

That's likley to be an extinction level event. 75-95% of all species wiped out.

There is a layer of ash from the previous eruption all the way across the priaries to beyond the great lakes.
Isn't there every opportunity that it could bleed off the pressure in a series of smaller less damaging events the next time it gets uppity?

Isn't there every opportunity that it could bleed off the pressure in a series of smaller less damaging events the next time it gets uppity?
I think we'd have to wait for Elon Musk's Boring Company to deliver big style for that to be a possibility.

Yep it's done that more than a few times aswell with small lava flows. Then every so often say 600000 to 700000yrs or so it blows. We've only been arround as upright hominids for about 3 of those eruptions and we weren't anywhere near North America when the last one occurred.

Yep it's done that more than a few times aswell with small lava flows. Then every so often say 600000 to 700000yrs or so it blows. We've only been arround as upright hominids for about 3 of those eruptions and we weren't anywhere near North America when the last one occurred.
Most of us still aren't. ;-)

Yep it's done that more than a few times aswell with small lava flows. Then every so often say 600000 to 700000yrs or so it blows. We've only been arround as upright hominids for
about 3 of those eruptions and we weren't anywhere near North America when the last one occurred.

Correct, I just think it's funny how it gets straight to the doomsday scenario, and
what-you-mean-we-paleface.jpg

You went a couple of years before me. Sumatra is an amazing place there can't be many better places for those who like thier Volcanoes, Earthquakes, and Tsunamis. To be fair those who like a good storm are well catered for as well got one of those whilst in Bukit Lawang that was biblical, I have never seen so much lightning or as close! All the locals were shitting it, as were most of the backpackers....i should have been and would normally have been but one this occasion was buzzing my tits off for the duration.

Also got shook out of bed by a huge tremor whilst in Medan one night, have experienced some pretty violent tremors in the Greek Islands over the years but the one in Sumatra was the real deal, and that did shit me up.

Wild place I doubt its changed much, not a place for the faint hearted but if you like a bit of adventure, and the odd helping of significant danger then Sumatra is a must visit.

Danger? It comes no more scary than being chased by Mena through the jungle. Incredibly she is still around to this today frightening tourists.

I was stood in a river when she bounded over towards me. Never ran so fast.

They are talking a hundred and thirty odd dead and looking for around another one hundred missing - however how bad are the five thousand injured? I cannot see for the life of me they will get away with @250 dead - really hope they do but I just can't see it.

It might not be that many more at the scene - warehouses and silos aren't necessarily heavily populated areas.

The thousands of injuries will presumably be a whole range from flying glass and concussions to crush injuries. I'd guess a number of those won't make it, but that's really not that many. The real problem might be the loss of hospital facilities.

Oh man. That person filming from the apartment must have thought that the blast wave, if they thought of it at all, was no way going to reach them when they got bowled over. They had time to at least drop to avoid debris, they were lucky. That far away how could you take your eyes off of it?
I hope others realized and survived.

Maybe I've seen far too many movies but as soon as that mushroom cloud appears I'm dropping and adopting the foetal position. I've never seen a blast that looks so nuclear. But isn't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.