Cricket Live on SS. New deal

Kippax.

FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
Yellow breaking news bar comes up Sky sports getting all excited that they have signed a new agreement. Claiming an exclusive right to all England test matches, claiming you can only watch it on Sky.

Then I go on BBC claiming they have the rights on their website with a similar breaking news story. What am I not seeing here?

Yellow breaking news bar comes up Sky sports getting all excited that they have signed a new agreement. Claiming an exclusive right to all England test matches, claiming you can only watch it on Sky.

Then I go on BBC claiming they have the rights on their website with a similar breaking news story. What am I not seeing here?
The full picture! Sky have test matches, ODI's and most T20's. BBC have two T20's (men), one T20 (women) and 10 matches from the new domestic T20 competition. It also says they'll have highlights of the 'men's competition' but it's not clear as to what competitions it is referring to.

If you read what the bbc say they not getting Test match cricket>>

In a five-year deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB), more than 100 hours of cricket will be broadcast each summer.

The contract includes live TV coverage of England men and women's Twenty20 internationals and the ECB's new men's domestic T20 tournament.

TV highlights of England men's home internationals will also be shown.

The BBC, which this year celebrates Test Match Special's 60th birthday, also retained radio rights and digital clips for English cricket.

"It's long been our ambition to bring live cricket back to BBC television," said BBC director general Tony Hall. "I'm thrilled to see that ambition realised.

"Cricket is an integral part of the British summer and the BBC will be putting its full weight behind the nation's favourite summer sport.

"Our aim will be to make the new T20 competition a huge success."

From 2020 to 2024, the BBC will broadcast live TV coverage of:

Two England men's international T20 matches
One England women's T20 international
10 men's matches from the ECB's New T20 competition
Up to eight matches from the women's T20 tournament including both finals.
Barbara Slater, director of BBC Sport, said: "This will lead to a step change in the BBC's coverage of cricket across TV, radio and digital platforms.

"We are extremely excited about what we have to offer by taking cricket to the widest possible audience and inspiring the next generation to pick up bat and ball.

"With 97% of the UK population using the BBC every week, the potential for growing the game further is huge."

I thought I read on here the other day they BT have the rights to showing the ashes.

Yep they do.

The 2017/18 Ashes series will be shown exclusively live on BT Sport, after winning a five-year rights deal for Australia home internationals that includes England's defence of the urn.

Yep they do.

The 2017/18 Ashes series will be shown exclusively live on BT Sport, after winning a five-year rights deal for Australia home internationals that includes England's defence of the urn.
Wankers. Although I don't mind them having the rights to the Aussies home games as they are on too early, I only usually watch the highlights when it's played down under.

Wankers. Although I don't mind them having the rights to the Aussies home games as they are on too early, I only usually watch the highlights when it's played down under.
Highlights will be on Channel 5.

Sounds like the sport has been carved up so if you were a fan you'd have to have a multi subscription.

I don't like giving sky any credit but you have to admit, their coverage of cricket has been absolutely fantastic over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.