Cricket/South Africa test series

111-5 now. Agree that we’ve not bowled great, but I’m sure Root would’ve taken that after the toss this morning.

was watching early on and england had them on 70 odd for 3 or something like that now 199 for 6 and in the game ???

You have to question Root at times. Two slips at the start of the innings, he hardly ever mixes up his bowlers, then he drops Archer from the attack. Then he bowls himself?? Some odd decisions.

Archer? Didnt we pick him for his raw pace? Well what I’ve seen if him it’s one test match he bowled with raw pace! Seems now he has his contract he can’t be arsed! Notice that Root chance Anderson was more determined to try and catch that than Archer who is 13 years younger! Cant be doing for these players! Rather have Woakes all day long.

Archer? Didnt we pick him for his raw pace? Well what I’ve seen if him it’s one test match he bowled with raw pace! Seems now he has his contract he can’t be arsed! Notice that Root chance Anderson was more determined to try and catch that than Archer who is 13 years younger! Cant be doing for these players! Rather have Woakes all day long.

yep

took the eye with his over 90mph bowling but not see since england got hold of him and trying to get him to learn to swing it ????

england are just about still in the game and with them on 277/9 but let them off the hook and should have had them all out below 200 ?? i also feel england are a full time spinner short and leach should have played because this wicket is going to turn big time

I'm too young to know it for sure, but I feel like Joe Root is England's equivalent of Allan Border in the captaincy stakes. Although Root is a soft touch which I could never say about Border (although I think it's less important for an England captain to be intimidating than it is for an Aussie).

yep

took the eye with his over 90mph bowling but not see since england got hold of him and trying to get him to learn to swing it ????

england are just about still in the game and with them on 277/9 but let them off the hook and should have had them all out below 200 ?? i also feel england are a full time spinner short and leach should have played because this wicket is going to turn big time

They have enough we will be at least 50 behind come South Africa second innings? I always feel when a captain bowls first after winning the toss it’s a shithouse move and says everything about the captain! Saw enough of this in the 90’s You fcuking Bat first end of

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.