******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right. Look at Warne's shirt.

275929160_494426232277712_7199850289595336165_n.jpg

(Best kit for me out of that lot is 2019 or 2014)

That's a good way of identifying them.
I went looking because Gilchrist was obviously not in the list I found (7 Indians and Warne in the picture also made it easy).

Anyone got a favourite / least favourite team?

I've always been partial to Rajasthan as my favourite. Partly due to a lack of English players in the early IPL days so Aussies seemed the next best thing...

It was enjoyable watching Warne in the twilight of his career and also seeing some of the random old players they'd pick like Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg who was pushing 40 at the time. And other interesting picks such as the well known Pravin Tambe. A remarkable story of a player making their professional debut in the IPL at the age of 41 years old. They've even made a film about this guy in India.

Recently they've had a tendency to pick some of the most exciting English players around with Stokes, Archer, Buttler in recent years and now Joe Root playing for them.

For me Mumbai Indians are the rags!

I've always been partial to Rajasthan as my favourite. Partly due to a lack of English players in the early IPL days so Aussies seemed the next best thing...

It was enjoyable watching Warne in the twilight of his career and also seeing some of the random old players they'd pick like Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg who was pushing 40 at the time. And other interesting picks such as the well known Pravin Tambe. A remarkable story of a player making their professional debut in the IPL at the age of 41 years old. They've even made a film about this guy in India.

Recently they've had a tendency to pick some of the most exciting English players around with Stokes, Archer, Buttler in recent years and now Joe Root playing for them.

I know they wear red but I always liked RCB because they had Chris Gayle.

Looking at the squads this year, I hope Gujarat fare well.

I know they wear red but I always liked RCB because they had Chris Gayle.

Looking at the squads this year, I hope Gujarat fare well.

They're a bit tricky to like for me these days because of Kohli. But they were always an entertaining team to watch. Usually playing an incredible batting line up (Gayle, Kohli, ABD etc) and then totally forgetting the bowling.

Hopefully Tewatia plays for Gujarat. There's been some crazy matches involving that guy.

Rajasthan for me too! Holder is a great addition for them as they have a lot of bases covered with their Indian core, and in Buttler and Boult especially they've arguably got the best two in their roles in T20 cricket. Hope to see Root get a game but I'd imagine they'll continue Hetmyer as he's explosive at the death overs.

I don't really have a least favourite overall, a lot of it depends on where the English lads are or if there's players I dislike playing for someone. I do like CSK too - Stokes, Moeen and Jadeja!

Last edited:

Gujarat Titans​

• Wriddhiman Saha(wk)
  • Shubman Gill
  • Kane Williamson
  • Hardik Pandya(c)
  • Vijay Shankar
  • Rahul Tewatia
  • Rashid Khan
  • Mohammed Shami
  • Joshua Little
  • Yash Dayal
  • Alzarri Joseph

Chennai Super Kings​

• Devon Conway
  • Ruturaj Gaikwad
  • Ben Stokes
  • Ambati Rayudu
  • Moeen Ali
  • Shivam Dube
  • MS Dhoni(c)(wk)
  • Ravindra Jadeja
  • Mitchell Santner
  • Deepak Chahar
  • Rajvardhan Hangargekar

Gujarat Titans​

• Wriddhiman Saha(wk)
  • Shubman Gill
  • Kane Williamson
  • Hardik Pandya(c)
  • Vijay Shankar
  • Rahul Tewatia
  • Rashid Khan
  • Mohammed Shami
  • Joshua Little
  • Yash Dayal
  • Alzarri Joseph

Chennai Super Kings​

• Devon Conway
  • Ruturaj Gaikwad
  • Ben Stokes
  • Ambati Rayudu
  • Moeen Ali
  • Shivam Dube
  • MS Dhoni(c)(wk)
  • Ravindra Jadeja
  • Mitchell Santner
  • Deepak Chahar
  • Rajvardhan Hangargekar

No mention of either of the teams changing their lineups after the toss. So presumably not used on this occasion.

No mention of the new 'impact player' rule on the broadcast yet either.

Cheerleaders are back going by the intro. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.