******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst it was incredible to witness so many runs in one match, I prefer games where there’s a greater balance between bat and ball.

Hopefully there’s something in the wicket for the bowlers in the final game on Sunday.

Whilst it was incredible to witness so many runs in one match, I prefer games where there’s a greater balance between bat and ball.

Hopefully there’s something in the wicket for the bowlers in the final game on Sunday.
Definitely prefer low scoring games myself.

Actually, I agree that when I watched the 45 minute summary on youtube the other day it tended to look like so much tonking, really. (Do we still use that word? As I say, it's the word I grew up with in the sixties. England had a player called Colin Milburn, whose innings consisted of a tonking session, or he was out in the first over, basically. The antidote to that was Ken Barrington. Watching paint dry was heart-attack stuff, by comparison.)
Not thoroughly satisfying, though, I must admit. It was the closeness of the match that was exciting.

We didnt adapt to the pitch every player played like the last game smash it sonetimes you to respect the pitch. Gayle will get all them runs in 60balls

As poor as England are, Gayle this series has been outstanding.

This is great fun to watch. 20 from 4 balls this over from Wood. Er, 26 off 5. And he's out. Just the 77 this time.

and this is why we will never win the cricket world cup even at home ???? we are a shamble at both forms of cricket?? and have a panic button and if we don't get off to a good start then the wheels come off, the ashes and the world cup are going to be a nightmare and we don't have a opening pair in test cricket and because of that we fold like a pack of cards in the first morning and can easy be 55/5 or more at lunch

one day cricket is a game of chances and you need luck and big bats ?? its about hitting 4 or 6 as much as you can and if you get lucky you hit big runs, but you have to do it for 8 or 9 games and not just 1 or 2 and england just don't do it enough and when somebody with a leg spinner or a pitch that turns england are rabbits out of a hat ???

the ashes and the world cup are not looking good going into the new season at home and the ECB KNEW this was coming and did nothing and even the test setup is a shamble and all over the place forget the one day world cup its never in a million years come home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.