******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a limited overs game, the batsman is reducing the distance he needs to run/gain an unfair advantage, I have no problem at all with what the bowler has done.

hmm, for me they should be giving a warning prior to giving someone out, and on this occasion ashwin had basically started his action. poor form from him, and not the first time.

It's a limited overs game, the batsman is reducing the distance he needs to run/gain an unfair advantage, I have no problem at all with what the bowler has done.
The rules need changing. If a bowler runs up to bowl a delivery and completes his action but keeps hold of the ball, it is deemed a non-delivery which suggests the ball never entered the field of play. Therefore it could be sometimes argued in a mankad that the batsman has been run out but play hasn't technically restarted. I agree that the batsman is trying to gain an advantage and perhaps a 1 or 2 run deduction penalty, or the umpire declaring the ball has actually been delivered with no runs scored, should be the punishment. They'll soon stop. Hasn't Buttler been caught doing this before for England? That said, I see batsmen doing it all the time and it does annoy me.

Interesting having Stokes and potential England World Cup Archer on the same team in the IPL. Both all rounders and both cracking players.

Just watching the T20 game between Surrey and Middlesex. Quick question for you lads who are pretty well up to speed on the rules (laws?) of the game. The non striker had to scramble back to make his ground, having inched a fair way down the pitch for a possible single. Now, if he was to hit the stumps (with either his bat or a part of his body) would he be given out (hit wicket), the same as a batsman facing would if he hit the stumps? I'm assuming that, yes he would. The fact the non striker isn't facing wouldn't matter, I'm guessing.

Just watching the T20 game between Surrey and Middlesex. Quick question for you lads who are pretty well up to speed on the rules (laws?) of the game. The non striker had to scramble back to make his ground, having inched a fair way down the pitch for a possible single. Now, if he was to hit the stumps (with either his bat or a part of his body) would he be given out (hit wicket), the same as a batsman facing would if he hit the stumps? I'm assuming that, yes he would. The fact the non striker isn't facing wouldn't matter, I'm guessing.

Pretty sure that's out yeah. The bowlers can even take the non strikers bails off, if they think they're taking liberties with how far up the pitch they are waiting to take a run.

It's a controversial practice in cricket though and considered to be unsporting to do.

Happened to Jos Buttler in this years IPL.

So if that's out I'd assume hitting your own wickets would count as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.