******Cricket Thread******

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bernabias home shirt, 5 Jul 2013.

1. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

It's a limited overs game, the batsman is reducing the distance he needs to run/gain an unfair advantage, I have no problem at all with what the bowler has done.

2. joe123

joe123

hmm, for me they should be giving a warning prior to giving someone out, and on this occasion ashwin had basically started his action. poor form from him, and not the first time.

3. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

The rules need changing. If a bowler runs up to bowl a delivery and completes his action but keeps hold of the ball, it is deemed a non-delivery which suggests the ball never entered the field of play. Therefore it could be sometimes argued in a mankad that the batsman has been run out but play hasn't technically restarted. I agree that the batsman is trying to gain an advantage and perhaps a 1 or 2 run deduction penalty, or the umpire declaring the ball has actually been delivered with no runs scored, should be the punishment. They'll soon stop. Hasn't Buttler been caught doing this before for England? That said, I see batsmen doing it all the time and it does annoy me.

4. homerdog

homerdog

5. crooky

crooky

Interesting having Stokes and potential England World Cup Archer on the same team in the IPL. Both all rounders and both cracking players.

6. kippaxwarrior

kippaxwarrior

Take a bow Jonny Bairstow. Just smashed 114 off 55 deliveries in The IPL

bigstanhibbert likes this.
  7. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

8. ancoats

ancoats