******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The world cup hangover and schedule has killed the team sadly.
Frankly it's 2 average sides with most players out of form apart from Archer, Stokes, Smith etc.
It's been the worst ashes series here for a while.

It's not just the pitch, the main difference is the lack of fielding restriction and the different ball. Playing risky shots is a lot less risky if the ball does nothing and they can't put fielders in the areas you want to hit it.
So I didn't know that. Its actually a different type of ball that moves differently under the same conditions (it doesn't swing in humid air).

Assuming the Ashes cannot be won after this Test, do they persist with Root for the rest of the series, or wait and start with someone new in New Zealand and South Africa? Or, do they stick with Root regardless?

much less so.
So its a combination of things really, the ball, the way the pitch is prepped, the fielding restrictions + poor form. I had imagined that with England holding the central contracts, there would be plenty opportunity to train and coach every version of the game. Bloody hell, I still remember the coaching at school where defensive shots on back and front foot seemed to be 90% of what we got taught. Times change I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.