******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no excuse for poor technique is there?
No, although I can understand its a different technique defending against a moving ball. You would think they could do it competently though. From what I have seen it seems most of the wickets fall to playing offensive shots against the wrong ball.

No, although I can understand its a different technique defending against a moving ball. You would think they could do it competently though. From what I have seen it seems most of the wickets fall to playing offensive shots against the wrong ball.

It used to be touring teams that had trouble against the moving ball, now it's the clowns who grew up in these conditions.

Agreed.shot selection has been the downfall.Only Root can say he got a good one and Leach being bowled behind his legs is in excusable

So its a combination of things really, the ball, the way the pitch is prepped, the fielding restrictions + poor form. I had imagined that with England holding the central contracts, there would be plenty opportunity to train and coach every version of the game. Bloody hell, I still remember the coaching at school where defensive shots on back and front foot seemed to be 90% of what we got taught. Times change I guess.

nope, county cricket has been neglected and the ECB was obsessed with winning the World Cup above all else, and the money is in the short forms so the youngsters only focus on those techniques.

nope, county cricket has been neglected and the ECB was obsessed with winning the World Cup above all else, and the money is in the short forms so the youngsters only focus on those techniques.
Yes the central contract players don't play much 4-day county cricket to practice test-type batting so they often go straight from one-day batting to five-day batting and I think it's the mental adjustment that they sometimes struggle with.

The world cup hangover and schedule has killed the team sadly.
Frankly it's 2 average sides with most players out of form apart from Archer, Stokes, Smith etc.
It's been the worst ashes series here for a while.

don't be daft ??? this trouble is 4 years in the making by the ECB ?? lack of input into test cricket and using the ODI setup to try and cover the cracks, the last ashes in australia everybody could see the troubles with a ageing squad and the lack of options and spin, from the tv and radio pundits to the legend geoffrey boycott all saying the same things about the ECB and there lack of preparation and planing of the ashes 2 years ago never mind the 2019 ashes tour

now rock up to 2019 ashes at home ?? moeen ali is still our main spinner, jimmy anderson still our main strike bowler, NO opening pair with time in the crease, and a captain not fit enough to manage the team in the field and setups and his batting form has gone ?? if you take a long hard look before the the new cricket season started and the up and coming ashes you can see the world cup was the main thing, the ECB was only thinking about, the ODI world cup and not the ashes, test cricket has been over looked for far to long and when the ECB are picking moeen ali for a spinner then we have a problem

its basic cricket and balance of a test team a full time spinner and even if its not spinning or turning you get the overs in at a good rate and can block up one end with mixing it up and the batters timing can go to pot if its mixed up with spin and fast bowling by just keeping fresh, its simple and easy game if you have the right people and tools to play with and having a order and knowledge of what you are doing and sticking by it

we have lost the ashes forget anything like 1981 and botham magic happening again, its just not cricket and big big changes have to happen right now and start at the top and sack root as captain bring in a new coach and let him pick his own captain because it will be him that will keep the coach in his job at the end of the day, so he need a new captain and work from there, arches is a big plus and leach can be the ideal spinner so again work from that ?? maybe stokes and broad and woakes will be given another chance to partner archer and leach, then the hardest choice is the opening pair ??? and the top of the batting order and dropping root or placing him at 4 or 5 that can be the only choice going forward with root ??

but will the ECB do anything about it ?? i will not hold my breath, and the same old will be washed over with, the world cup winning team and the finger will be pointed at the timing of the world cup and the ashes in the same summer and it was to much to handle ????

don't be daft ??? this trouble is 4 years in the making by the ECB ?? lack of input into test cricket and using the ODI setup to try and cover the cracks, the last ashes in australia everybody could see the troubles with a ageing squad and the lack of options and spin, from the tv and radio pundits to the legend geoffrey boycott all saying the same things about the ECB and there lack of preparation and planing of the ashes 2 years ago never mind the 2019 ashes tour

now rock up to 2019 ashes at home ?? moeen ali is still our main spinner, jimmy anderson still our main strike bowler, NO opening pair with time in the crease, and a captain not fit enough to manage the team in the field and setups and his batting form has gone ?? if you take a long hard look before the the new cricket season started and the up and coming ashes you can see the world cup was the main thing, the ECB was only thinking about, the ODI world cup and not the ashes, test cricket has been over looked for far to long and when the ECB are picking moeen ali for a spinner then we have a problem

its basic cricket and balance of a test team a full time spinner and even if its not spinning or turning you get the overs in at a good rate and can block up one end with mixing it up and the batters timing can go to pot if its mixed up with spin and fast bowling by just keeping fresh, its simple and easy game if you have the right people and tools to play with and having a order and knowledge of what you are doing and sticking by it

we have lost the ashes forget anything like 1981 and botham magic happening again, its just not cricket and big big changes have to happen right now and start at the top and sack root as captain bring in a new coach and let him pick his own captain because it will be him that will keep the coach in his job at the end of the day, so he need a new captain and work from there, arches is a big plus and leach can be the ideal spinner so again work from that ?? maybe stokes and broad and woakes will be given another chance to partner archer and leach, then the hardest choice is the opening pair ??? and the top of the batting order and dropping root or placing him at 4 or 5 that can be the only choice going forward with root ??

but will the ECB do anything about it ?? i will not hold my breath, and the same old will be washed over with, the world cup winning team and the finger will be pointed at the timing of the world cup and the ashes in the same summer and it was to much to handle ????

Yes sadly the constant diet of t20 and one dayers has made the modern day batsman in a hurry and to be quite blunt clueless even at test level.
It's all very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.