******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lifted from another site and I think it sums up this wonderful game perfectly:

I thought England might have a chance at the beginning of the fourth inninings, then no chance 15 for 2, then at chance at close of the third day, then no chance after root out, then a chance at 250 for 4, then absolutely no chance at 286 for 9. That is the problem with cricket it is too predictable .

Mate, just enjoy the moment for at least a few hours. You said something similar just after we won the World Cup!

am so happy for england believe me so happy ??? what stokes and leach did is a moment in time you talk about for years and years, it was a incredible finish and could have been 4 or 5 different endings with england losing 4 times and from drops catches to run outs to missing a plum LBW with the aussies using up all there reviews, it really did had everything that you can talk to your kids or grand kids for years and years to come

BUT can root get out of jail with a incredible finish ? we can only wait and see with the next test and see what the team the ECB and him picks and what sort of a result that will happen, maybe england will be on fire from this and win the ashes or it could be after lord mayor show and we crumble again

Last edited:
You'd like to think that second innings will have reminded a few of them what test batting is all about, i.e. being patient and punishing the bad balls.

It's still mad that they've managed to get away with that first innings. Let's hope this has given them a wake up call and they can make it count now.

Not quite on a par with Headingley '81, but pretty damn close.

This Test Match had everything, including the possible emergence of a new English bowling star. We’ve had false dawns with fast bowlers before, such as David 'Syd' Lawrence, but Archer looks like a great prospect and if he can continue to develop, he might just be a little payback for Messers Lillee and Thompson, though they could get away with a lot more than young Joffra ever will, of course.

Let's hope we don't ruin it with another shoddy first innings in the tests to come.

We may have won but that batting line-up needs a couple of changes.

Incredible Friday we were dead and buried truly awful. But what a wonderful game test cricket is well done lads great comeback

Just watching the highlights
And there was also a huge roar when England got the target down to 100
As though the crowd really believed it was possible.
Though they did have 4 wickets left then
The roar when Leach got his single was nearly as loud as when the daywalker Stokes struck the winning boundary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.