******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kohli is better at one day and 20/20, you could argue he was the standout player in the world cup. But for sheer patience and determination Smith has got to be classed as the best in Test cricket.

He has a better average than Kohli, he has a better average in wins, more centuries... all in less innings.

Both very talented batsmen though.
It is not even close, to be fair. The true barometer of test batting (and bowling) is first innings performance. His career test first innings average is 96. If you look at his performance from 2013 it gets even better. In 33 innings, he has gone to 50 twenty times and, of those 20 times he has reached 100 on sixteen occassions. That is an 80% conversion rate and his average in that time is 109. It is something that none of us have ever come close to seeing before and is undoubtedly a demonstration of freakish ability.

It would be the biggest robbery in the history of sport if we manage to draw the 4th test and somehow win the 5th.... As much as I dislike their team (especially after sandpaper gate), you have to take your hat of to Smith, he's the best cricketer in the world and I'm not sure there are any pro's in any sport who're as good at their profession as him.

Not sure about that. Anderson getting injured was a big factor in that first test. Then the rain saved Australia in the second test. I do think Australia are a better all round team and they’ve played the best cricket, primarily because of one man, but England have had their chances.

I think Kohli is better at one day and 20/20, you could argue he was the standout player in the world cup. But for sheer patience and determination Smith has got to be classed as the best in Test cricket.

He has a better average than Kohli, he has a better average in wins, more centuries... all in less innings.

Both very talented batsmen though.
That's why I said if you bang all three together overall for me its Kohli, You have to remember that it's basically only us and the convicts who give a fuck about test these days.

It would be the biggest robbery in the history of sport if we manage to draw the 4th test and somehow win the 5th.... As much as I dislike their team (especially after sandpaper gate), you have to take your hat of to Smith, he's the best cricketer in the world and I'm not sure there are any pro's in any sport who're as good at their profession as him.

There’s no doubt Smith is the better team but we can hope for rain

Not sure about that. Anderson getting injured was a big factor in that first test. Then the rain saved Australia in the second test. I do think Australia are a better all round team and they’ve played the best cricket, primarily because of one man, but England have had their chances.

I would say with the exception of yesterday both sides bowlers have been pretty decent throughout and both sides batting has been dogshit with the exception of Smith every-time he bats and Stokes miracle innings. I am still hoping for rain and a non dog shit batting performance to snatch a draw as I am going to the Oval

We all know what's going to happen now I've said this, but regardless of what he does between now and the end of the series Rory Burns has really impressed me and he looks to have nailed down one of the opening spots at least. He has a really good temperament and mentality and he's capable of putting away the bad ball. I thought he was the weak link coming into the series bt he's proving me well wrong.

I would say with the exception of yesterday both sides bowlers have been pretty decent throughout and both sides batting has been dogshit with the exception of Smith every-time he bats and Stokes miracle innings. I am still hoping for rain and a non dog shit batting performance to snatch a draw as I am going to the Oval

Labuschagne (?) has impressed and Burns, Wade, Root and Head have had their moments. But both teams have weak batting line-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.