******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t afford to lose more than 2 wickets until after lunch tomorrow.
I’m sorry mate but that’s bollocks. You’re talking nearly 80 overs there.

So what you’re saying is that if we’re 375-5 (3 wickets down rather than 2 and using the current run rate) that we’re in trouble!?!

If we get to 375-5 I’ll have my cock in hand at how well we’re doing.

Realistically England need to make roughly 350-400 and bat out tomorrow as well.
Force the Aussies to bat a session on Sunday to put the game out of our reach and then we need to bat solidly for two sessions.

Would be a good result and who knows, Smith could do a McGrath and step on a cricket ball before the final test
If we bat out today and tomorrow we will have scored more runs than the Aussies and they’ll need to bat for longer than 1 session to put the game out of reach. They’d have to bat until nearly tea time on Monday.

I’m sorry mate but that’s bollocks. You’re talking nearly 80 overs there.

So what you’re saying is that if we’re 375-5 (3 wickets down rather than 2 and using the current run rate) that we’re in trouble!?!

If we get to 375-5 I’ll have my cock in hand at how well we’re doing.

Quite enjoying this. Quick question look in at the fact we are on day 3 - what chance do we have of winning for are we just trying to get a draw?

If we bat out today and tomorrow we will have scored more runs than the Aussies and they’ll need to bat for longer than 1 session to put the game out of reach. They’d have to bat until nearly tea time on Monday.
A 6 day test match?

Game finished on Sunday I think swp?
But other than that I think you make a good point if there's no further weather interruption

Quite enjoying this. Quick question look in at the fact we are on day 3 - what chance do we have of winning for are we just trying to get a draw?
Very very slim. If we bat through all day tomorrow we may just nudge ahead.

Both sides always have a collapse in them though so everything could change either way between now and Sunday night.

Only chance we win is we get a lead of 100 and the Aussies collapse in their second innings leaving us a gettable total.
Put it this way I'd snap your hand off for a draw now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.