******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike you to be so upbeat Ancoats ;-)

hahah

i do like sam curran and being a lefty changes things around when the batsman have to change their guard
i will say is root should have a leg slip in when facing a right hand batter because they seem to turn him off their leg a lot, the wicket he took was a beauty taking it cross the right hand batsman you don't see them that often

i really do think a better captain controls the sloppy fielding and poor bowling early in the game that we have under root. a stronger captain would not let it run for a session like england did today in the morning

hahah

i do like sam curran and being a lefty changes things around when the batsman have to change their guard
i will say is root should have a leg slip in when facing a right hand batter because they seem to turn him off their leg a lot, the wicket he took was a beauty taking it cross the right hand batsman you don't see them that often

i really do think a better captain controls the sloppy fielding and poor bowling early in the game that we have under root. a stronger captain would not let it run for a session like england did today in the morning

Root is far from perfect and players getting in each other’s way in the slips is a sign of low confidence, none of them are in form in there, Buttler was very scruffy today but that said after losing the toss (again) Root marshalled the bowlers well enough and to have them at that score is a decent days work, Jimmy bowled really well so made up for him.

Agree about Curran he’s a cracking cricketer and as the Aussies would say the lads got Spunk

Root is far from perfect and players getting in each other’s way in the slips is a sign of low confidence, none of them are in form in there, Buttler was very scruffy today but that said after losing the toss (again) Root marshalled the bowlers well enough and to have them at that score is a decent days work, Jimmy bowled really well so made up for him.

Agree about Curran he’s a cracking cricketer and as the Aussies would say the lads got Spunk

both him and his brother tom are great bowlers, and sam is just about the better one at test cricket any way

sam has to go to the ashes tour later next year and like you say he's got spunk hahaha a little fighter that can mix it with the big guys, but its that left arm over the wicket that is the key just catches batsman out because of the guard they have to change because the line is different

England's ability to let teams off the hook when they've got them virtually down and out is staggering. Given the bowling that Pakistan has available, and the flakiness of England's top order, that now looks like a fair score to me. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if England were bowled out for about 200 and a bit. Then it's as you were. Incredibly frustrating.

It does seem odd not to have had Bess tried at all, although I suppose the seamers have had a lot of downtime so not many overs/hours overall.

again root is a joke ?? got them on their knees and letting pakistan off the hook and score quick runs

@ancoats

I agree with you ??

its simple what the pakistan batsman rizwan was going to do and swing the bat ? so root should have got hold of the bowlers and said look pitch it up and use yorkers and knuckle balls slow balls don't give him room to swing his bat ?

woakes got tonked for a good couple of overs and did not learn and root just let him do it was worst ? pakistan get 250 then its game on, but the draw with the weather is looking likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.