******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an interesting convo on Sky this morning regarding captaincy with Athers, Hussain and Warne (they missed a trick not having him as captain but he admitted he had baggage)

Nasser was of the opinion that win percentage was important and roots is very good, Warne basically said a captain should be judged on style of play and how you handle players.

Athers was a little more circumspect in his views as he captained some right fucking donkeys when the ECB were an absolute shambleS but the takeaway for me is that they don’t think Root is really upto the job and after witnessing some of that afternoon session I am inclined to agree he’s letting the bowlers walk over him especially Broad and Anderson.

But who the hell could replace him other than Stokes and that would be unfair on him.

There was an interesting convo on Sky this morning regarding captaincy with Athers, Hussain and Warne (they missed a trick not having him as captain but he admitted he had baggage)

Nasser was of the opinion that win percentage was important and roots is very good, Warne basically said a captain should be judged on style of play and how you handle players.

Athers was a little more circumspect in his views as he captained some right fucking donkeys when the ECB were an absolute shambleS but the takeaway for me is that they don’t think Root is really upto the job and after witnessing some of that afternoon session I am inclined to agree he’s letting the bowlers walk over him especially Broad and Anderson.

But who the hell could replace him other than Stokes and that would be unfair on him.

Broad or Buttler.

For greater good England should declare their first innings without playing and allow pakistan to set them a target for fourth innings. This way we, ll get a result and it will go a long way in development of current players

For greater good England should declare their first innings without playing and allow pakistan to set them a target for fourth innings. This way we, ll get a result and it will go a long way in development of current players

You've not got a bundle on for a result with dodgy Pakistan bookmaker I hope ;-))) I hate contrived declarations personally.

Broad or Buttler.

So that’s really nobody in the current squad, I’m afraid. Broad hasn’t got the years left to justify overhaul and Butler hasn’t got the consistent.

Root’s on field captaincy appears to be lacking but he dies seen to get performances out of the lads and as far as we know, is useful on tue man management front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.