******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like 2 x World Text Champions will be crowned on tomorrow.

I would have gone with the highest first innings score like in the county 2nd XIs.

But I've been thinking. If those are the rules, then those are the rules. But if I were the captain of the defeated side, I'd be quite tempted to argue, “You didn't really beat us, you know. Not really”. We just conceded the match. Because you didn't bowl us out.

Looks like 2 x World Text Champions will be crowned on tomorrow.

I would have gone with the highest first innings score like in the county 2nd XIs.

And that's another thing. Surely absolutely nobody will be satisfied by this outcome? This has become a nothing event. And surely this match was planned (presumably by the ICC) from quite a long way back? Given the well-known vagaries of the English summer, couldn't they have chosen a place where the weather could have been counted on? Obviously not India or NZ, but there are several other good candidates where the weather in June is much more reliable.

And that's another thing. Surely absolutely nobody will be satisfied by this outcome? This has become a nothing event. And surely this match was planned (presumably by the ICC) from quite a long way back? Given the well-known vagaries of the English summer, couldn't they have chosen a place where the weather could have been counted on? Obviously not India or NZ, but there are several other good candidates where the weather in June is much more reliable.
I think it was the bio secure option and a summer country, only England or Windies really. Assuming UAE was considered too hot in June.

I think it was the bio secure option and a summer country, only England or Windies really. Assuming UAE was considered too hot in June.

Oz? Safer than virtually anywhere in Europe over the past year as far as the virus is concerned. And June is pretty much Australia's autumn, so nice and cool. Even Sri Lanka might have been an option (although I don't think the Covid figures are very good at present). And the Australians wouldn't have been particularly favourable to the Kiwis, I reckon (although they're not that fond of India either — probably would have barracked both teams).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.