******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not on a wicket as benign as the one they'd been playing on since Tuesday. 1000 + runs, for God's sake
A wicket designed to wear out within 4 days. If Somerset were not trying they wouldn't have put on almost 400 in the first innings. Somerset lost all 4 group games scoring 90 against Lancashire at Taunton, a small ground which is normally east to score at.

It wasn't any other counties' fault that Lancashire want the test money so moved the decider to an out-ground which is difficult to get batting points on. Getting 3 points of Notts meant Lancashire needed a miracle in the last 2 games and they almost got it, but I doubt most fans actually thought it would happen.

Moeen Ali has announced that he's retiring from Test cricket. Should have had a much better batting average and arguably would have had he stuck to batting and refused to go up and down the order; quite sure he batted 1-9 for England and there cannot be many batsmen who have done that.

He's the first to make himself unavailable for the Ashes (has two young children), but I suspect he won't be the last.

It also raises questions about why he was recalled for Tests this summer when it was unlikely he'd continue.

Ali been quality for our test team still young and retiring from test cricket!

Think the ECB need to change the rules you retire from test cricket you retire from all England international cricket 1 day game 20/20 game too unless the ecb say it ok..

We need to stop good test match crickets sacking it off just because they can play a shorter game for more money..

He's 34, and I think it's just been a bit of a grind in the last year or so, and the very long tours would be tough. Not sure how long he'll be a short-form player.

There isn't any point keeping someone who doesn't want to be there - he's said that he doesn't enjoy the tension of it - and making it public does away with the questions when he isn't picked in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.