******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit surprised with the timing of it all, think a few thought he might wrap it after he went back home from India back in February.

You would have (or at least I would have) imagined that the conversations about retiring etc. would be ran passed management some time in advance which is all a bit odd considering we haven't played any other spinner in the test team since Leach and Bess played in March.

Moeen wasn't going to win us the Ashes this winter, but taking him out of that team with no return date from Stokes and noises from Buttler that he's not going to travel and the balance of the team is a bit all over the place.

Always going to be a bit of a Lancs bias on here but I wonder if they think Livingstone could slot in as an all rounder?

i thought he retired years ago ??
not a fan of moeen ali and never once understood the role of a part time spinner being played when you have root who can do that job.. moeen ali batting has been poor in test cricket for well over 4 year and the aussie had him worked out long ago chin music = wicket

big noises need to be voiced after the ashes ? its to late now but england will lose 5.0 or 4.0 if the weather helps them. but enough is enough root needs to step down as captain the coaches needs replacing and a young test squad built with all parts of a test team selected.. bowlers spinners wicket keeper batsman all with a balance look and playing in their right roles and not part time shit

what message does it send out to young county cricket spin bowlers that the ECB pick a part time spinners before them ??? also i don't understand the 3 or 4 wicket keepers being picked because of the batting ? don't we just have anybody batting at 4 or 5 in country cricket

when you pick the bones out of the mess england test cricket is in and we still not learning it speaks volumes

A little bit surprised with the timing of it all, think a few thought he might wrap it after he went back home from India back in February.

You would have (or at least I would have) imagined that the conversations about retiring etc. would be ran passed management some time in advance which is all a bit odd considering we haven't played any other spinner in the test team since Leach and Bess played in March.

Moeen wasn't going to win us the Ashes this winter, but taking him out of that team with no return date from Stokes and noises from Buttler that he's not going to travel and the balance of the team is a bit all over the place.

Always going to be a bit of a Lancs bias on here but I wonder if they think Livingstone could slot in as an all rounder?

I do wonder if there was an agreement that he'd give it a go for this summer and see how he felt at the end of it.

That would be a pretty reasonable agreement for both Moeen and the management to make.

This is the aspect I find most frustrating. It suggests there is precious little communication and thus precious little planning.

Good job it is 5 days with the weather, a chance of a result....

I can't see this being played ever again, made some sense last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.