******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warks currently 118 for 0
This is possibly the worst batting line up I've ever known in my lifetime. How they got to the last day of the season contending for the county championship is beyond me.
There needs to be a mass clear out but it won't happen. Some established pros need to take a look at their performances. There's only been Jennings with any sort of consistent form and the demise of our batting coincided with his injury.
Dreadful, absolutely dreadful.

Does anyone think Tim Paines comments today about The Ashes and Joe Root smacks of being arrogant?

"The Ashes are going ahead. The first Test is on 8 December - whether Joe is here or not,"

Its difficult for the England players as they wont be able to see their family for 4 months, both Root and Buttler have expressed concerns due to having a young family and seeing as Australia have refused to go anywhere this year and effectively cancelled The Ruby World Cup as they refused to play in another country it does come across as arrogant

Does anyone think Tim Paines comments today about The Ashes and Joe Root smacks of being arrogant?

"The Ashes are going ahead. The first Test is on 8 December - whether Joe is here or not,"

Its difficult for the England players as they wont be able to see their family for 4 months, both Root and Buttler have expressed concerns due to having a young family and seeing as Australia have refused to go anywhere this year and effectively cancelled The Ruby World Cup as they refused to play in another country it does come across as arrogant
The World T20 should be the priority.

A single sentence without the context of what else he said around it, and what it was an answer to doesn't really tell much.

I think the decision over the RL world cup was a victim of uncertainty and the situation at the time of the announcement more than a refusal to play - better to declare that early than wait until the last minute.

i think we have a better chance if the currant england players and captain don't go
we are going to get our ass kicked one way or the other so send over a squad from Strangeways make it a proper ashes tour ? mendy giggs would make great bowlers

I can’t see the Ashes taking place if the players have to completely bubble for 3 months, with potential replacements having to isolate for weeks before being able to join.

I also think a fair few players won’t go, which questions the integrity of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.