******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
cricket is not a cheap sport to take up ? even back in our early years the price of a good bat and pads gloves and whites and shoes would cost a small fortune. but like many from the streets us kids would use anything we could get hold of even old bats from a jumble sale with a tennis ball and play street cricket or go down the park.
At the very time this was posted I was at practice in the winter nets and find myself in this very position. I'm making a middle aged comeback and no longer have any cricket gear, starting from scratch. If any blues here who have packed up playing and have some stuff knocking about the place please feel free to get in touch and I will buy off you. Pads, gloves, bat and stuff. Due to shifts I will be playing maybe half the summer fixtures, so no need for fancy and expensive new stuff.

At the very time this was posted I was at practice in the winter nets and find myself in this very position. I'm making a middle aged comeback and no longer have any cricket gear, starting from scratch. If any blues here who have packed up playing and have some stuff knocking about the place please feel free to get in touch and I will buy off you. Pads, gloves, bat and stuff. Due to shifts I will be playing maybe half the summer fixtures, so no need for fancy and expensive new stuff.
Great stuff Wally. Who you going to play for ?

The English Women's Team (who are coached by an Aussie) batted ok last night in a T20 match but copped a flogging in the field where the Aussies chased down their biggest total ever (170) and got it with 18 balls to spare with only 1 wicket down.
To be fair England missing their best bowler Anya Shrubsole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.