******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
He took the players off at OT because it was too sunny too.
I was at that game! VS West Indies on the first day in 95. It was a baking hot day and I seem to remember the sun was bouncing off some windows at The Brian Statham end right in the batsmen eyes end so dickie bird took they off for about 20 mins

I was at that game! VS West Indies on the first day in 95. It was a baking hot day and I seem to remember the sun was bouncing off some windows at The Brian Statham end right in the batsmen eyes end so dickie bird took they off for about 20 mins
Yeah, there were some greenhouses next to the ground, randomly.

I't’d be the Warwick Road end back then wouldn't it, although the pitches have been rotated too.

I't’d be the Warwick Road end back then wouldn't it, although the pitches have been rotated too.

I remember that happening.

I also remember him remonstrating with a spectator in Ambrose' day when a drain blocked and water was coming up through the ground on the run-up. "Dickie, we've got a big problem."

He can be heard replying to the spectator "It's not my fault is it, water's coming up from the ground"

Can't remember where it was as it was 27 years ago! but I've found the highlights on YouTube. From 9.40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.