******Cricket Thread******

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bernabias home shirt, 5 Jul 2013.

1. johnmc

johnmc

Re: ********The Winter Ashes********

So would it be unfair to say England is a nation of shit cricketers?

2. Re: ********The Winter Ashes********

No, that would be an accurate statement, as it attacks the clueless fuckwits we sent to Australia, rather than the inhabitants of an entire nation.

3. foetus

foetus

Thought that might touch a nerve. Sorry, the opportunity presented itself and I couldn't resist.

As for the support argument. England will always have the advantage due to the density of the population in their cities and surrounding areas. The Gabba selling out on a continual basis isn't an easy feat. You'll see the same with the MCG, sell out the first couple of days but 100,000 5 days straight is a big ask. Anyway who cares right?...my backwards, redneck country is winning so I won't be losing any sleep over petty arguments :)

4. waspish

waspish

I reckon we will hold out for the day and it's going to piss it down for half of it

5. bluemanc

bluemanc

HERE: R.I.P SCAR YOU WILL BE SADLY MISSED FELLA.

I'll take that,then the SD'S will remember it's a SERIES not just 2 test matches.

6. baildon blue

baildon blue

Team supported:
    Bradford Park Avenue

Its been like men against boys . What a shambles England have been in this series so far . I know 1 thing England need to improve on that is batting .

7. Bluemoon dan

Bluemoon dan

Pissing it down in Adelaide according to Michael Vaughan on Twitter!!!

8. niall_mcfc

niall_mcfc

Rain due to stop later in morning so if the forecast is right we will see at least 4-5 hours of cricket with the rain not expected til late evening. Would be a big boost if we could hold out for a draw but they need to take a long look that themselves. This has been coming for a while and our top order where awful over here a few months ago, it was only Bell's brilliant resilience and awful batting from the aussies that saved us. Flower will be gone after the series and i would like to see Broad replace Cook as captain. Hes just too negative and needs to concentrate on his batting. I'd expect Swann to be dropped aswell but they don't seem to have the confidence in Kerrigan yet so Panesar might get another chance.

9. Kippax Street 1880

Kippax Street 1880

Fair play to Root, I've criticised him in the past but he's shown a lot of character with his last couple of knocks. I can't help feeling Compton was a little hard done by though.

10. City Raider

City Raider

If time is lost to rain it makes some of those top order dismissals even more infuriating