******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ECB wreaks of dont do as i do, do as i say, in that anyone talking to the press in any sort of way that is construed as detrimental to the 'team' ie them, they fine them and warn them about future behaviour however, it is perfectly alright for members of the executive board to brief the press in whatever way they feel fit eg Downton's assassination of KP after he was sacked from the team, when KP himself wasnt allowed to say anything on the matter. The poor and weak appointment of Moores, who i havent heard a good thing about with regard to his first attempt at the job, says an awful lot for the spineless no marks that run our game at the very top level. They have created a problem in their over backing of Cook after the winter debacle, in that he cant be sacked due to them blaming everyone but his inadequacies for being humbled by a fairly average Australian team.

Pietersen isnt without blame, a nickname of Figjam, fuck im good just ask me, was well and truly earnt and he was divisive in the dressing room, textgate was really beyond the pale and despite everyone saying the right things, there was obviously resentment between him and Strauss, as Strauss' foul mouthed abuse of Pietersen during the MCC game showed. I've played in many teams over the years, and some within a group get along better than others, not everyone is a total team player, but you accommodate the oddballs with the right approach, often the best player can be the biggest moaner/loudest disapproving voice in the team, its all about whether the team can absorb that and maybe even use it as a positive, as the article said, a much easier thing when the team is winning. It seems Moore/Cook are too weak, in their positions and in themselves to have such a personality in the team. Weak leadership will only mean one thing, under achievement, there might be successes however not as great as they could be with a strong leadership team.

I think it's pretty undeniable that KP is an arrogant twat who only really cares about himself, it's been pretty evident for a long time. So I guess it all comes down to, is when is enough enough, and you have to decide he's more trouble than he's worth.

In all honesty, I don't think we miss him at all. We may not be doing well, but Gary Ballance has come in and played just as well as KP would have done. The team has many flaws, but the 3,4,5 of Ballance, Bell and Root is pretty excellent and should be the backbone of the team for years to come. That's the only part of the team I have no concerns over! Pieterson has hardly been showing the ECB what they've been missing either, he appears to be touring the world playing badly, for huge sums of cash.

That article was alright untill it started making excuses for KP, about how he was only acting out of insecurities and all that bollocks. I can't stand that sort of thing, some people are always looking to blame others rather than accept the responsibility for their own actions. Obviously the same could (and should) be said of the other guilty parties, but to act like KP is blameless and just a poor innocent soul who everyone vicitimised is ridiculous. I'd be amazed if he is accepts any repsonsibility for anything in his autobiography, I'd probably be more interested in Andy Flowers autobiography tbh, not that he'd ever write one.

I also think, despite Flower being a bit over-authoritarian, it completely dismisses the great success that he led England to. A lot of the great managers of all time have been similar, they work the players really hard and make them do exactly what they want, they have great success, but after the players reach the pinnacle they start to get fed up with having to work so hard, then morale usually tanks pretty quickly. That shouldn't overshadow what they achieved, which under Flower, was possible the best England have ever done.

The cookie monster said:
jay_mcfc said:
The cookie monster said:
Will it be fact or fiction?

Fact from his side I'm sure, something that doesn't get aired very often
Tbh i will be buying it and it will be a good read i reckon......

Only if he has a good ghost writer and editor, the man's a moron. It will be interesting to see his side, I hope he's open and frank rather than sticking to the snide hints he's gone for. If he is we might actually get some closure.

without a dream said:
The cookie monster said:
jay_mcfc said:
Fact from his side I'm sure, something that doesn't get aired very often
Tbh i will be buying it and it will be a good read i reckon......

Only if he has a good ghost writer and editor, the man's a moron. It will be interesting to see his side, I hope he's open and frank rather than sticking to the snide hints he's gone for. If he is we might actually get some closure.

see, I just don't understand this point of view. Arrogant, yes, twattish, sometimes (well he hangs around with Piers Morgan so that's enough in anyone's book), but a moron? well we'll have to read his book, but up to now I don't see where's he been a moron. As for snide hints, well the ECB tried a hatchet job earlier in the year, and to be honest I don't think KP has said much untoward, in fact he's received credit from a fair amount of people, including journalists and the likes of Michael Vaughan (who has sense), for some of his articles and opinions on the England side since, so moron I don't get.

BigOscar said:
I think it's pretty undeniable that KP is an arrogant twat who only really cares about himself, it's been pretty evident for a long time. So I guess it all comes down to, is when is enough enough, and you have to decide he's more trouble than he's worth.

In all honesty, I don't think we miss him at all. We may not be doing well, but Gary Ballance has come in and played just as well as KP would have done. The team has many flaws, but the 3,4,5 of Ballance, Bell and Root is pretty excellent and should be the backbone of the team for years to come. That's the only part of the team I have no concerns over! Pieterson has hardly been showing the ECB what they've been missing either, he appears to be touring the world playing badly, for huge sums of cash.

That article was alright untill it started making excuses for KP, about how he was only acting out of insecurities and all that bollocks. I can't stand that sort of thing, some people are always looking to blame others rather than accept the responsibility for their own actions. Obviously the same could (and should) be said of the other guilty parties, but to act like KP is blameless and just a poor innocent soul who everyone vicitimised is ridiculous. I'd be amazed if he is accepts any repsonsibility for anything in his autobiography, I'd probably be more interested in Andy Flowers autobiography tbh, not that he'd ever write one.

I also think, despite Flower being a bit over-authoritarian, it completely dismisses the great success that he led England to. A lot of the great managers of all time have been similar, they work the players really hard and make them do exactly what they want, they have great success, but after the players reach the pinnacle they start to get fed up with having to work so hard, then morale usually tanks pretty quickly. That shouldn't overshadow what they achieved, which under Flower, was possible the best England have ever done.

line 1 I don't agree, it's like the Nasri "can't be arsed" argument for me. Paragraphs 2, 3 and 4 I agree, but his book will be interesting and the key in how this whole affair, and the ECB beyond that will be judged, as it's not just about the Pietersen saga, but how the ECB continue to conduct themselves on a daily basis.

BigOscar said:

Well, you can't really highlight what Flower achieved while at the same time glossing over what Pietersen achieved. Even that last series he was England's leading run scorer. In any case, saying that the argument was that Pietersen is blameless is a straw man, I don't think anyone has ever claimed such a thing. What is startling is how the conduct of the ECB and others is glossed over by the media and opprobrium poured on Pietersen instead. I've no doubt he was hard work, I've no doubt he was difficult. Amazingly enough he's not the first and won't be the last. I've never played in a cricket team of eleven mates. Not once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.