******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watched the KP documentary? Everyone’s gonna have an opinion on him but i’m Just gonna day that Swann comes across as a proper sly ****. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could melt his plastic face.

None of them came out of it well for me. People laying it all at the door of Pietersen are wrong IMO. Sure, text-gate doesn't reflect well on him and I know he has Piers Morgan in his corner who never stops spouting off but I got the impression that KP regrets that whole episode. On the other hand, I felt that the likes of Swann, Prior, and Broad got off scot free. That fake Twitter account supposedly run by Broad's mate (yeah, course it was) was fucking embarrassing and you got the impression they were all laughing behind his back. As he said, he was the only one playing all 3 formats of the game so it's not like he wasn't committed to the England cause.

None of them came out of it well for me. People laying it all at the door of Pietersen are wrong IMO. Sure, text-gate doesn't reflect well on him and I know he has Piers Morgan in his corner who never stops spouting off but I got the impression that KP regrets that whole episode. On the other hand, I felt that the likes of Swann, Prior, and Broad got off scot free. That fake Twitter account supposedly run by Broad's mate (yeah, course it was) was fucking embarrassing and you got the impression they were all laughing behind his back. As he said, he was the only one playing all 3 formats of the game so it's not like he wasn't committed to the England cause.
Read the Pietersen book and he, of cause, says he was completely blameless. I don't think he was for a moment, but as you say the establishment whitewashed the part that certain other players played in the whole sordid affair.

I'm not sure why as there's still a fair bit riding on this test. If they'd already won the Ashes rather than just retaining them then yes, but the series is still on the line here
3 dropped catches, Siddle bowling too short, sloppy in the field, odd decision to bowl first etc.

If this was the first test none of the above would have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.