******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, onto.... Old Trafford (again) for the decider.

What should England do selection wise? the attack, whilst looking spin shy, is looking in good health. Try wedging Anderson, Broad, Archer, Woakes and Wood into that.

Personally i would drop Crawley, Pope and Sam Curran. Pope has not impressed with the bat for me, while Curran has had his test and continues to display his talent. Crawley needs to move over again.

looks like Chris Silverwood has built up Anderson and says Archer's ban will hold nothing against him, also that Bess & Buttler will remain.

in light of that, and that Wood was not quite as impactful as Woakes, i would line up with

Burns
Sibley
Denly
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Bess
Broad
Woakes
Archer
Anderson

I think we a) need to start moving towards the future and b) start to develop captaincy around a diverse bowling attack, so Curran should stay in, as should Pope as he's a genuine long-term investment and there's nobody better in the Championship.

I think it should be a mandate that only either Broad or Anderson play, I think we need to move away from an over-reliance on these two and develop the other bowlers. It's more of a challenge for the side but will be better for us in the long-run.

How anyone could propose bringing Denly back in is beyond me.

Has Jimmy bowled from his end at Old Trafford yet? He missed the Ashes test last year so I don't think he has unless he's played any games for Lancs there in the past couple of years?

so, onto.... Old Trafford (again) for the decider.

What should England do selection wise? the attack, whilst looking spin shy, is looking in good health. Try wedging Anderson, Broad, Archer, Woakes and Wood into that.

Personally i would drop Crawley, Pope and Sam Curran. Pope has not impressed with the bat for me, while Curran has had his test and continues to display his talent. Crawley needs to move over again.

looks like Chris Silverwood has built up Anderson and says Archer's ban will hold nothing against him, also that Bess & Buttler will remain.

in light of that, and that Wood was not quite as impactful as Woakes, i would line up with

Burns
Sibley
Denly
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Bess
Broad
Woakes
Archer
Anderson
crawley instead of denly surely? He’s had enough chances I think. Crawley has potential. Woakes or Curran is a tough call though.

crawley instead of denly surely? He’s had enough chances I think. Crawley has potential. Woakes or Curran is a tough call though.

he's had some chances for sure. still think there's a good batsmen in there. better average than Crawley but quite early on to be using dragging that up

Fair play to you for having that depth of knowledge if he does! Hadn't even considered that aspect of it.
I just remember when it first got announced he was having an end named after him, i'm sure he usually prefers the statham end anyway! Might be wrong but bowlers do tend to have favourites, especially with it being his home ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.