******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
archer and wood are the tools needed down under in just about a years time when the ashes are being played again
forget playing both broad and anderson archer and wood with the new ball and stokes and maybe broad or anderson with a spinner, i also like adil rashid and he should be playing red bowl cricket

england look good in ODI and 20/20 and maybe its because we have a captain that's good at being one
eoin morgan all round game is good enough to be playing in test cricket, its clear why he does not play test because joe root would be under pressure from him
Adil's shoulder not up to rigours of red-ball cricket. Morgan similarly not suited to longer forms of the game. Horses for courses

I do wonder if Morgan will have another crack at Test cricket if England manage to win the T20 World Cup. I’m getting way ahead of myself here but if he was in the scenario where he’d won the ODI and T20 World Cup he’d only need an Ashes win to go down as the greatest captain ever I guess.

I think regardless of the outcome of the T20 WC I do think Morgan will have to choose either stay with the short forms and defend the ODI WC plus go for the T20 WC in 2022/2024(?). Or have another go at Test Cricket and see how he fares there.

i hope he will have another chance at test cricket and maybe the ashes down under could be a great shout at batting 3 or 4, he's got all the shots and can score quick runs, he did have a good start to test cricket but the ECB needed to build the ODI squad for the world cup and took the best around and made them play white ball cricket

Adil's shoulder not up to rigours of red-ball cricket. Morgan similarly not suited to longer forms of the game. Horses for courses

had the shoulder operation and i heard he is bowling pain free so must be given a chance being a leggy

i hope he will have another chance at test cricket and maybe the ashes down under could be a great shout at batting 3 or 4, he's got all the shots and can score quick runs, he did have a good start to test cricket but the ECB needed to build the ODI squad for the world cup and took the best around and made them play white ball cricket
While I agree he was pigeonholed as a white ball player way too early it wasn't anything to do with forward planning towards a world cup this is the ECB in 2012 ffs! They simply didn't see him as a Test player due to perceived issues about his ability to play spin but being one of the few England players sought after by the IPL wouldn't have helped at that time.
Was looking at his record last night which confirms how unlucky he was. All of his 16 tests came in a period when England played 21 and were all against sub-continental opposition. The 5 he missed were the Ashes tour in 2010/11 when we smashed them 3-1 as Bell came back in. He makes runs in that series when we were on top and he would have had more chances down the line. As it was Collingwood retired he got back in for another summer but he subsequently failed in the UAE against Pakistan and that was it.

Rashid has been brilliant. Had it not been for Malan’s poor fielding he would have dismissed Marsh as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.