******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to don your hat to root great innings. got england back in the game or in a place they can control it
england should be safe and not lose this test and win the series so it will be job done

Well played Joe, that was a monumental effort. The body could just not do what the mind wanted in the end.
He's kept England in this game, will need the spinners to come to the party tomorrow. Still all to play for.

Damn it; run out for 186. I have trouble getting my head around anyone getting run (ran?) out in test cricket. Barring exceptional circumstances (late in the fifth day, chasing runs to win), time isn't normally an issue in the 5 day game. Why take a risky run? Trying to manage the strike, possibly?

Damn it; run out for 186. I have trouble getting my head around anyone getting run (ran?) out in test cricket. Barring exceptional circumstances (late in the fifth day, chasing runs to win), time isn't normally an issue in the 5 day game. Why take a risky run? Trying to manage the strike, possibly?

He just came down the to get to the pitch of the ball. Unfortunately short leg was super sharp. Root had been really struggling all afternoon. His body was just not as quick as his brain and he just could not physically get his bat down quick enough.
It was not at attempt for a quick single, he was going nowhere. Unfortunately his body just gave up on him.

He just came down the to get to the pitch of the ball. Unfortunately short leg was super sharp. Root had been really struggling all afternoon. His body was just not as quick as his brain and he just could not physically get his bat down quick enough.
It was not at attempt for a quick single, he was going nowhere. Unfortunately his body just gave up on him.
Fair enough. As you have probably guessed, I didn't see it or read any reports. I assumed he went for a quick single to farm the strike.

Fair enough. As you have probably guessed, I didn't see it or read any reports. I assumed he went for a quick single to farm the strike.
It was the last over of the day mate. He was absolutely done in. It was one of the best test innings I have ever seen from an English batsman. Defintely top 5 anyway. Not as good as Stokes against the Aussies or the Atherton v Donald innings, but he was technically brilliant in exhausting conditions. He lead by example. Need the spinmers to turn up for us tomorrow now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.