******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was planned for those you mentioned and it was planned for Moeen to stay for the rest of this series it was him who asked to go home.
No, he was only named in the squad for the first two tests. They obviously asked him to stay on and he said no. Do you think they asked Buttler to stay on after last week? Of course they did, and he said no.

This was always his going home point but they obviously asked him what he wants to do. He knows England will go with one spinner next week. He was also England's leading wicket taker and run scorer in this test, so if he's so bad there's no hope for the others. He also had a little matter of covid before the first Sri Lanka match. Things might have been a lot different had that not happened and he might be going home now having played four games.

I had thought that after the 2 weeks of Covid, hanging around for a week in order to not play for another week was probably unappealling.

I thought Vaughan's comments were pretty unpleasant.

No, he was only named in the squad for the first two tests. They obviously asked him to stay on and he said no. Do you think they asked Buttler to stay on after last week? Of course they did, and he said no.

Ah right if that’s true can understand why he wants to go home. It seems he was going to stay than just changed his mind.

This piece shows things in a different light to the initial impression given. Lots of quotes from Root.

I had thought that after the 2 weeks of Covid, hanging around for a week in order to not play for another week was probably unappealling.

I thought Vaughan's comments were pretty unpleasant.
Vaughan is a nasty **** although to be fair Root’s comments about Mo ‘choosing’ to go home are what’s se this all off. The difference in language used for this situation and that of the posh white private school boys is terrible. The team have purposefully been picking squads for two games at a time with the knowledge that anyone involved has the right to leave after two games if they wish to do so. Mo has been over on tour for four games, has had a miserable time with one thing or another then he knows he won’t be playing in the next game. Of course you’d understand him going home if the likes of Vaughan don’t go off on their snide little crusades.

Vaughan is a nasty **** although to be fair Root’s comments about Mo ‘choosing’ to go home are what’s se this all off. The difference in language used for this situation and that of the posh white private school boys is terrible. The team have purposefully been picking squads for two games at a time with the knowledge that anyone involved has the right to leave after two games if they wish to do so. Mo has been over on tour for four games, has had a miserable time with one thing or another then he knows he won’t be playing in the next game. Of course you’d understand him going home if the likes of Vaughan don’t go off on their snide little crusades.

I agree that Vaughan has a record of opening his mouth stupidly - I've generally had the impression that he thinks he should be in charge of English cricket, and he takes every chance he gets to stir/criticise.

its not worth moaning about this tour to india ? england did win the first test and they knew changes had to be made for the 2nd test and it ended up england taking a good beating and spin doing it again to england ?

the day night test could go both ways and if england lose they still have the last test they will say we can win
i don't like test cricket being played on the same ground twice ? i know england did it last summer because of covid so they have to limit the traveling with bubbles

india will make the wicket turn corners again ? but its a drop in pitch and should have some bounce or uneven bounce
so england could go with 3 quickies and use root as a part time spinner

I wouldn't have dropped bess for second test, it's not like he is a fast bowler who needs rest, he's a young bloke who should play as much as he can considering he is England's future.

Rotation is good but it should be done wisely. Bowling on spinning tracks is an art, it's not the matter of rolling your arm over, it requires alot of practice and time in the middle.

I wouldn't have dropped bess for second test, it's not like he is a fast bowler who needs rest, he's a young bloke who should play as much as he can considering he is England's future.

Rotation is good but it should be done wisely. Bowling on spinning tracks is an art, it's not the matter of rolling your arm over, it requires alot of practice and time in the middle.
It’s particularly important when he’s never going to encounter such conditions at home. Get him ready for Peshawar if they ever have a test there; think that’s a more spinner-friendly deck. :-)

He was replaced by Mo who took 8 wickets and was the highest run scorer. Bess needs to learn that you can't bowl the shit that he does over a long period of time and be successful. He's done ok for a player of his age but he has been aided by some bizarre wickets and batsmen going after his bad balls and messing up. He rarely bowls an over that doesn't include 2 bad balls, you won't get away with that for long in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.