******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credit to the india bowlers as this is almost unplayable. We have to figure out a way to score against them though and try and put some pressure back on them. Just trying to defend will only lead to them evetually getting a horrible one and out.

Stokes is all over the place against Ashwin.

England's only hope of winning this was for it to not turn like this until day 3 and the seamers taking the wickets. The fact India went in with two seamers tells us what we needed to know but it doesn't make England's selection a bad choice as such, they just have to hope the pink ball swings sideways. I take the point that Woakes or Bess could have played for their batting but as a straight 11 it's the right team. I wouldn't like Bess to be the only spinner and Woakes history away from home isn't great.

Lot of hope rests with Stokes, Pope and Foakes now. Can’t see many runs being scored with the last 4 England men

Of course he did they are at home they should be able to choose what wicket they want!

Think the issue is a lot of people will say "Yeah but England produce pitches which swing" which is a fair comment however a lot of swing bowling is and the weather, as well as the pitch whereas a wicket turning square on day one gives a huge advantage to India and they know their batsmen can play spin better than us. To me it doesnt seem a fair wicket

Think the issue is a lot of people will say "Yeah but England produce pitches which swing" which is a fair comment however a lot of swing bowling is and the weather, as well as the pitch whereas a wicket turning square on day one gives a huge advantage to India and they know their batsmen can play spin better than us. To me it doesnt seem a fair wicket

Yeah if we had Two top spinners think the wicket wouldn’t be turning on day one and that the problem with England we don’t produce enough top spinners.

Yeah if we had Two top spinners think the wicket wouldn’t be turning on day one and that the problem with England we don’t produce enough top spinners.

And as a consequence produce batsman who can't play spin to save their lives. It's something that really needs looking at.

Sounds like a Klopp-like excuse to me.

Fairly sure the ECB ask our groundstaff to produce England favourable wickets when we play back home so its only 'fair' for other home countries to produce wickets favourable to them or their strengths.

In my opinion a 'test' of a cricketer is if they can produce the goods on various different types of wickets under various conditions - I would have also thought most look forward to these different types of challenges as a professional.

And as a consequence produce batsman who can't play spin to save their lives. It's something that really needs looking at.

Think this Indian team would struggle to get 200 against Axar and ashwin looking at them bowl it’s almost impossible to be assured batting against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.