******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 100 is fucking shit. You can shove some fancy Hacienda graphics on it but at the end of the day the ECB knew they’d fucked up not licensing 20/20 thus letting India and Australia taking it up and making it better and so we have this desperate attempt to get back in the game.
Gave the counties too much power thats the problem.Before T20 they propped up most of the counties from tests and 1 day internationals.
Not any more the counties dont need them.The way things are going when all if us Focs die off in about 30 yrs there will be no test cricket.

Gave the counties too much power thats the problem.Before T20 they propped up most of the counties from tests and 1 day internationals.
Not any more the counties dont need them.The way things are going when all if us Focs die off in about 30 yrs there will be no test cricket.

The likes of Worc/Leic/Northhants need the ECB big time unless they want to be little more than semi pro, the county game is geared to test grounds and London money. They have complied with this abomination in order to receive a big fuck off pay off to keep afloat Sky and the Beeb will be desperate to put the lipstick on the pig that it is but it’s an ugly looking sow for sure.

20/20 and the 100 are not team sports
its all about the players and the big hitters and wham bam thank you mam

My biggest bugbear of the 100 is the “Too close to call” aspect of the review system. What’s wrong with umpire’s call?

They’re simplifying something that doesnt need to be done and anyone who doesn’t know the game doesn’t learn what it means.

Meanwhile, they‘re happy to use terms like dhoosra, wrong’un etc.

I think Lancs are trying to bore Middx into submission. They do realise this is a one day game?
If they don't get a shift on they'll run out of overs.

Edit- poor game management from Jones and Croft. Their inability to keep rotating the strike and a lack of boundaries put too much pressure on the later overs. That 25 to 35 over spell killed it.

Last edited:
My biggest bugbear of the 100 is the “Too close to call” aspect of the review system. What’s wrong with umpire’s call?

They’re simplifying something that doesnt need to be done and anyone who doesn’t know the game doesn’t learn what it means.

Meanwhile, they‘re happy to use terms like dhoosra, wrong’un etc.
They’ve gone out their way to invent new terms for things that have always existed. So it’s fives or sets instead of overs, etc etc. All it does is put off existing (legacy) fans, but new fans still don’t have a clue what’s going on so what’s the point?!

Even so, I’ve been surprised how little I’ve hated it, to be honest I’ve even enjoyed watching the games. Still don’t see what was wrong with t20 though. I know they don’t own the rights to it, but isn’t that the case for pretty much every sport in the world? The premier league don’t own football but still do alright out of it.

They’ve gone out their way to invent new terms for things that have always existed. So it’s fives or sets instead of overs, etc etc. All it does is put off existing (legacy) fans, but new fans still don’t have a clue what’s going on so what’s the point?!

Even so, I’ve been surprised how little I’ve hated it, to be honest I’ve even enjoyed watching the games. Still don’t see what was wrong with t20 though. I know they don’t own the rights to it, but isn’t that the case for pretty much every sport in the world? The premier league don’t own football but still do alright out of it.
It’s cricket. It’s still good to watch, but the glitz is irrelevant to how good the game is.

The most important aspect is that some of it is on the BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.