******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the cricket equivalent of a crappy backpass from a midfielder to a centre half facing his own goal in the last minutes of a pre- season footy opener at Wembley.
if England award a dick of the day that’s an outstanding application for consideration.

This afternoon, maybe. Not at this present time.
Only listening to TMS and they’re regularly updating the run rate. Even Vaughan was saying this morning that they’d have a plan for X number of runs in this session, but I agree it shouldn’t happen. Doesn’t help when those two have hardly batted together.

55 for 2 in the morning session May give us England’s mind set here.
360 plus to win is improbable. Had we got 80 plus This morning just losing Burns maybe a chance.
Just my honest opinion.

360 plus to win is improbable. Had we got 80 plus This morning just losing Burns maybe a chance.
Just my honest opinion.
Yep. Someone on here was toying with the idea of us being near to 200 at lunch. That was never going to happen. Two sessions left (in theory, sixty overs, though it may end up nearer to 53 or 54). 237 runs still to get. You're talking 4 an over. Over a 10-15 over spell, that would be possible. Over two sessions? I doubt it.

Just my honest opinion.

I don't think it's mindset I just think it's form/ability to be honest. Hameed played well last night but he gets bogged down quite easily and really struggles to find scoring shots. Root in comparison, comes in and immediately can find some singles/scoring shots to rotate the strike and push the run rate. We need just shy of 4 an over. It's doable but we've been at 2 an over this morning session.

On balance I agree with you and think we'll draw this test. They're talking a lot about getting to tea and then having an onslaught. But England wont have that mentality because we'll be too concerned about losing wickets. We could maybe do it with an hour left if we've got 6 or 7 wickets left. But I just can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.