******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Joe Root. The openers do okay but the middle order then collapse...again. Or the openers crumble and the middle order managed to scrape a few or also collapse. Meanwhile he's there carrying the team with the bat...again. And he's also a pretty poor captain. So many things need to change with this test side for it to challenge the India, NZ and the Aussies. The Aussies have their own issues but they have enough good players to score 300 and avoid constant collapse and good enough bowlers to take ten wickets.

The extra pace of Wood/Archer would have been good in the second innings and Stokes is of course a big loss. But Woakes, from little cricket and very little test cricket, has shown that unfortunately Moeen and Bairstow shouldn't be in this test squad. They just don't offer enough.

I don't know what the solution is to the current problem. I think losing the Ashes in Australia tends to be the catalyst for major change so we might not have to wait long for a complete reset. I'd be surprised if Jimmy goes beyond this winter.

Yeah good post!

Pity missing some big hitters but it is what it is!

First inning was the killer when we had Bairstow Ali comfortable and through there wickets away! We needed at least 150 lead!

That team looks decent if the majority applied themselves better!

Just that India want it so much more look at Kohli reaction from every wicket that goes down and there bowlers!

I feel for Joe Root. The openers do okay but the middle order then collapse...again. Or the openers crumble and the middle order managed to scrape a few or also collapse. Meanwhile he's there carrying the team with the bat...again. And he's also a pretty poor captain. So many things need to change with this test side for it to challenge the India, NZ and the Aussies. The Aussies have their own issues but they have enough good players to score 300 and avoid constant collapse and good enough bowlers to take ten wickets.

The extra pace of Wood/Archer would have been good in the second innings and Stokes is of course a big loss. But Woakes, from little cricket and very little test cricket, has shown that unfortunately Moeen and Bairstow shouldn't be in this test squad. They just don't offer enough.

I don't know what the solution is to the current problem. I think losing the Ashes in Australia tends to be the catalyst for major change so we might not have to wait long for a complete reset. I'd be surprised if Jimmy goes beyond this winter.
Many of the problems you highlight were all too apparent the last time England toured Australia, so they’re not current in the sense of new. The post mortem then was supposed to be the catalyst to improvements before this winter’s return, yet England are still no nearer having an established batting order, a harnessed bowling attack, recognised spinners, or a settled wicket keeper.

I don’t follow the one-day game closely, but I don’t think England took quite so long to address the failings in that format.

They lost this match in the first innings when Bairstow, Pope and Ali threw away their wickets.

Should have had a 200 run lead and been bowling for the match instead of giving India a chance on an incredibly flat pitch.

There’s no real solution to this problem other than better batsmen coming through and that can take years and the authorities aren’t interested.

But hey ho the ECB got to promote some pretty colours in the Hundred so all is well (not).

wow its crazy 100 without losing a wicket and now 193 for 7 and over

its ok if it was just a one of ? but this is happing far to many times to be anything other than bad management coaching and poor captaining. a big shake up is needed right across the board. from the ECB to the team and captain

we are going into the ashes on the back of a poor summer and the team all over the place
we don't have a opening pair good enough ? or anything in the first 4 batting line up other than root
then the bowling hahahaha if anderson and broad are leading the attack the aussies may field the ladies team and still beat us

New ball after tea, or carry on with the old one.

MotM will be interesting - Thakur has a good claim, as he changed the first innings and gave them an acceptable total, and then made a fair amount in the second innings, plus some major wickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.