******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope the choice of switching the last test from, traditionally, The Oval to OT is purely coincidental, and that there weren't overtures being made beforehand of its closeness to the start of the IPL.

I see @mat is smelling the same rat.

The BCCI says that the two boards will look to reschedule the Test...

"In lieu of the strong relationship between BCCI and ECB, the BCCI has offered to ECB a rescheduling of the cancelled Test match. Both the Boards will work towards finding a window to reschedule this Test match."

Furthermore:

Tom Harrison, the ECB chief executive, is on the BBC now, and has acknowledged it is a case of mental fatigue for India, rather than a Covid issue per se, and given that England's own players lobbied to leave their tour of South Africa last December in similar circumstances, he has expressed some sympathy.

"In lieu of the strong relationship between BCCI and ECB, the BCCI has offered to ECB a rescheduling of the cancelled Test match. Both the Boards will work towards finding a window to reschedule this Test match."

Furthermore:

Tom Harrison, the ECB chief executive, is on the BBC now, and has acknowledged it is a case of mental fatigue for India, rather than a Covid issue per se, and given that England's own players lobbied to leave their tour of South Africa last December in similar circumstances, he has expressed some sympathy.

Could play it next year when India come over for one day games

When it comes to cricket I've never trusted the organisation or players that represent that organisation. They have too much power and try and find advantage in everything that can benefit them. Right down to on field play when at home.

I've never been able to take matches in any form of the game against them seriously.

Furthermore:

I bet the insurance claim is void because it's Covid so they want to shoehorn it into next summer to complete it. I hope England cricket fans give it the respect it deserves should it occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.