******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
83/5. Can’t help thinking if Hampshire get a lead of 130/140+ then that’ll be enough. Need to skittle them and hope Somerset can bat out time. Funnily enough, when Lancs last won the title in 2011, Warwickshire were our rivals for the title then as well and were unable to bowl out an already relegated Hampshire on the last day who were following on.

Notts were rivals until they just missed out on the third batting point. Lanky are more likely to finish 4th than 1st, but anything is still possible, even a tie to let Notts sneak in if Warks draw.

4th day wash out would have been ideal but never on the cards.

Notts were rivals until they just missed out on the third batting point. Lanky are more likely to finish 4th than 1st, but anything is still possible, even a tie to let Notts sneak in if Warks draw.

4th day wash out would have been ideal but never on the cards.
Ironically, the forecast is for rain on Friday. Sadly the game won’t make it that far.

How many times have we seen Lancs skittle the top order, only for the rabbits to come in and knock us all over the park? Remember a Nat West Trophy game in the 1990's, where the last two Essex wickets were needed, with them needing 91 to win. They ended up winning by one wicket, with one ball to spare. Totally frustrating. England have a similar trait.

How many times have we seen Lancs skittle the top order, only for the rabbits to come in and knock us all over the park? Remember a Nat West Trophy game in the 1990's, where the last two Essex wickets were needed, with them needing 91 to win. They ended up winning by one wicket, with one ball to spare. Totally frustrating. England have a similar trait.

In this case, Vince and Dawson aren't rabbits - they're the number 5 and 6 batsmen. It's a bit distorted by the no. 9 opening the innings (briefly).

Very frustrating this, especially as Somerset are doing a good job of closing in on Warwickshire’s total and Yorkshire are doing much better in their 2nd innings. I suppose we’re still in with an outside chance but we need to break this partnership soon

Very frustrating this, especially as Somerset are doing a good job of closing in on Warwickshire’s total and Yorkshire are doing much better in their 2nd innings. I suppose we’re still in with an outside chance but we need to break this partnership soon
Notts will be half a point behind if Lanky do win, they fell 4 runs short of contending.

In this case, Vince and Dawson aren't rabbits - they're the number 5 and 6 batsmen. It's a bit distorted by the no. 9 opening the innings (briefly).

Yeah, I realise that. I was talking in general really. It will be interesting how many the last 3 wickets add on in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.