******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have answered the question ? anybody
how worst can somebody else be has captain ? i could pick 20 players as captains and maybe he would be shit at it
you never know until you have a go
No you haven’t. Anybody isn’t an answer.

Joe Root has won more games of cricket as captain of England, ever.

You are advocating change, but suggesting anything is better, which is obviously bullshit.

You can’t come up with a solution.

OK different question. How would this mystery captain have made a difference in the last 6 weeks.
Would he have turned Leach into a mystery spinner? Would he have got extra 5mph out of our seam attack? Would he have inspired the batters so much that 350+ scores became a matter of course?
I very much doubt a prime Mike Brearley could manage that.

Root has a say in who starts test matches! Not playing Broad in the first test tells me Root isn’t a good captain! Broad has had the wood on Warner and so it has proved again this series. Even as a captain being persuaded to not play Broad or even picking a spinner who is average ar best plus with him not even played a test match for months is why for me Root is not captain Materiel.

OK different question. How would this mystery captain have made a difference in the last 6 weeks.
Would he have turned Leach into a mystery spinner? Would he have got extra 5mph out of our seam attack? Would he have inspired the batters so much that 350+ scores became a matter of course?
I very much doubt a prime Mike Brearley could manage that.

that is the problem ? no short or long term plans and not willing to upset the apple cart by the ECB

i feel the pain and take little pride in calling out root because he is a great cricketer and is respected
but the captain role is bigger than him sorry ? you have to be hated in the team and not mates with the rest
a iron fist and take no bullshit strong enough to get in the faces and say it like it is.

the players don't fear root or their place in the test squad and that is a problem ? the ECB pick 20 players or so on central contracts and the door is close.

100 batting innings in 5 test the question has been asked by root and the coaches and we not been able to deliver
but the worst is the fear.. its simple our batting line up shitting themselves in the dressing room waiting to come out

right enough words have been spoken by me and am out of this thread until the next series

that is the problem ? no short or long term plans and not willing to upset the apple cart by the ECB

i feel the pain and take little pride in calling out root because he is a great cricketer and is respected
but the captain role is bigger than him sorry ? you have to be hated in the team and not mates with the rest
a iron fist and take no bullshit strong enough to get in the faces and say it like it is.

the players don't fear root or their place in the test squad and that is a problem ? the ECB pick 20 players or so on central contracts and the door is close.

100 batting innings in 5 test the question has been asked by root and the coaches and we not been able to deliver
but the worst is the fear.. its simple our batting line up shitting themselves in the dressing room waiting to come out

right enough words have been spoken by me and am out of this thread until the next series
Said it before.Silverwood and Root need replacing.Hussain should be the coach /manager.As for no one else to pick from well we cant go on picking Burns,Hameed,Pope etc because there is no one else.
Billings came in and did better than Buttler.This lot have had there chance lets pick some new talent and give them a chance.
The following should stay.
Crawley,Root,Stokes,Wood,Broad,Robinson Not sure Jimmy should carry on.
The following need never play for England again.
Burns,Malan,Bairstow,Pope,Hameed,Leach.
I would definately bring in Vince as captain and Foakes as keeper.
The rest is for new management to select and stick by as long as they improve.
At the moment we have batting line up devoid of basic technique.

Root has a say in who starts test matches! Not playing Broad in the first test tells me Root isn’t a good captain! Broad has had the wood on Warner and so it has proved again this series. Even as a captain being persuaded to not play Broad or even picking a spinner who is average ar best plus with him not even played a test match for months is why for me Root is not captain Materiel.
Nobody is arguing that Root is a good captain, not me anyway, and both he and Silverwood are responsible for the flawed selection process for sure.
Doesn't answer either question. Who is the realistic alternative and do you seriously think a different captain would have made that much difference in this series?

If the players didn't fear Root and were guaranteed their place come what may, surely we'd have a solid consistent top order from which a suitably experienced candidate for the job would emerge? The door is not closed if anything it's constantly revolving.

sadly am not

its not just me its all the media and BT sports asking the same questions
Well if your not then your argument lacks any credence when you start saying stupid things like root doesn’t deserve his place in the team on the back of this series.

Root has more runs than any other Englishman and the 3rd most in total this series (scored more than warner and Steve smith) and is widely accepted as one of if not the best batsman in the world. Surely even you can see that is a ridiculous argument

Nobody is arguing that Root is a good captain, not me anyway, and both he and Silverwood are responsible for the flawed selection process for sure.
Doesn't answer either question. Who is the realistic alternative and do you seriously think a different captain would have made that much difference in this series?

If the players didn't fear Root and were guaranteed their place come what may, surely we'd have a solid consistent top order from which a suitably experienced candidate for the job would emerge? The door is not closed if anything it's constantly revolving.

Broad should be asked I can’t believe he and never been asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.