******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think gung ho will be the only way - although re-building for an hour is not a bad idea. Get below 200 needed I recon then start stepping it up
So gung-ho isn’t the only way, as you’ve just suggested yourself!

Being positive is great, being rash gets you out, especially in the 4th innings.

So gung-ho isn’t the only way, as you’ve just suggested yourself!

Being positive is great, being rash gets you out, especially in the 4th innings.
LOL. I think we're getting wires crossed here mate. All I said was we let all the good work the openers did go. I don't know where I said slogging is the only way?? I think you might be getting me mixed up with someone else

Why? The other scores haven’t mattered.
Why do you think the run chase stat is relevant?

The reason it's rare is because of so many more factors than "Can you score 350 in the 4th innings?".

The biggest one is time. How often does a side get 170 overs for their 4th innings? Almost never.

Then there's the question of "How often has 350 been set?". Most teams would give themselves a much bigger cushion to go for a win.

The important questions is can 350 get scored in the 4th innings, and the answer to that is a resounding yes in every case of the 30 or so where 350 was scored, regardless of whether it was enough to get the win.

By the way another thing that's relevent is that there's loads of 4th innings where teams could have gotten 350 but won before they got there, like England last week, where they were 300 odd for 3 in the 4th innings. They could easily have gotten 350.

The chase statistics are niche at best, not really that helpful.

Winviz now has the teams almost level.

Why do you think the run chase stat is relevant?

The reason it's rare is because of so many more factors than "Can you score 350 in the 4th innings?".

The biggest one is time. How often does a side get 170 overs for their 4th innings? Almost never.

Then there's the question of "How often has 350 been set?". Most teams would give themselves a much bigger cushion to go for a win.

The important questions is can 350 get scored in the 4th innings, and the answer to that is a resounding yes in every case of the 30 or so where 350 was scored, regardless of whether it was enough to get the win.

By the way another thing that's relevent is that there's loads of 4th innings where teams could have gotten 350 but won before they got there, like England last week, where they were 300 odd for 3 in the 4th innings. They could easily have gotten 350.

The chase statistics are niche at best, not really that helpful.

Winviz now has the teams almost level.
Yes, it’s like saying it’s amazing that they managed to score 8 goals away from home, but they lost 12-8.

The rest of your post is ifs and buts. Coulda, shoulda stuff.

Weather isn’t in your statistics, neither is how often they change the ball etc.

Winviz will creep towards England being favourites. If they lose another wicket soon, it’ll be 30/70 again.

If you think the odds are good at the moment, whack your house on it.

Yes, it’s like saying it’s amazing that they managed to score 8 goals away from home, but they lost 12-8.

Yes.

And the question we're asking is can England score 4 away from home.

In which case, teams that score 8 away from home is important, regardless of whether they won 0-4 or lost 12-8.

Weather isn’t in your statistics, neither is how often they change the ball etc.

Right, and the weather is excellent and no rain is forecast, and they won't change the ball again - the game will be over before India get a new ball and they're using a replacement now so it won't get replaced.

The fact is India have only looked dangerous for 5 overs in this innings, and that was when the new ball arrived and swung 2x as much as the first. Crwley and Pope got done by that and Lees panicked.

Bairstow and Root haven't struggled, and if they survive the last 10 overs of the day England will need less than 100 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.